Saturday, July 31, 2010

Still No Ammo?

Damn. I hit three shops and I didn't even find enough ammo to replenish what I've already loaded for the bloggershoot. One shop was completely out of everything except .22LR and 12 gauge birdshot; another only had hunting ammo left ($35 for 20 rounds of 8mm? I don't theeenk so); the last had a small amount of 9mm and .45 ACP...

And apparently .44 Magnum is made of out solid gold these days - holy shit y'all, $48 for a box of 50 softpoints!

Oh well, I still have plenty for tomorrow's festivities. At some point, though, I will need to shop around and replenish the dwindling supplies. It's a good thing that the bloggershoot only happens once a year - with the toys that are coming, I've got a lot of extra ammo socked away for the FA... The funniest part is that I most likely won't even shoot half of what I'm bringing - there's simply too many people to chat with and other guns to ogle & coonfinger.

But then again, that's what the Northeast Bloggershoot is all about!

That is all.

12 comments:

JD said...

wow, Wally World down here had plenty of 9mm, some 45 and lots of shotgun and .223. No 7.62 though. . .

Anonymous said...

Try Ammoseek.com. They will direct you to great buys on ammo (on line orders only).

JP in MT

Wally said...

Jay,
I'll be happy to spot you some 44 and reiterate my offer to help you get started handloading.

All that time driving you could have had a few hundred rounds to show for it. ::fingerwag::

Bubblehead Les. said...

Hate to say it, but it looks like online shopping seems to be the only way to get large quantities of Ammo nowadays (other than Gun Shows and Handloading, of course). Not saying there is a conspiracy, but even though SCOTUS gave out 2 Pro RKBA rulings, there is nothing to prevent a business from ceasing to sell Ammo. And if you have an empty gun, be kinda hard to defend yourself, your family and the Republic, eh?

Stingray said...

http://georgia-arms.com/44remmag.aspx

mopar said...

Damn, had I known I would have brought 8mm. I almost brought my mauser, but it got culled from the herd this trip.

Unknown said...

My WM had .44 Magnum (one box as of today) if you want me to snag some.

Reams of 9mm, WWB and Federal.

No sign of .380-Unicorn anywhere.

Gonna have to hit my reserves.

Also, I've only got 100 rds, of .22-Mag if anyone wants to bring some more to run through the old Marlin Levermatic my neighbor let be borrow.

Michael in CT said...

The cost of 44 Magnum is what drove me into reloading in the first place and thaywas back when it was $18-$22/box
You really need to start reloading, either you'll save money and shoot as often as you do now, or shoot more often and spend the same amount you're spending now.

Weer'd Beard said...

I've got a good stack of birdshot that is just languishing in the armory and does me little good.

I best not have to lug this crap home *again*

Just sayin you trench-broom toters!

libertyman said...

Jay -- if you get this before tomorrow AM -- let me know what you need for ammo.

I may have some 44 mag.
I'll bring one of mine.

Oh boy!

Jay G said...

No mail order ammo in MA, guys... AG goes after companies that ship to MA for not having a seller's license...

I found enough ammo to get by, but thanks. Was really looking to replenish what I'll be using tomorrow...

Mopar said...

Well Jay, keep this in mind for the next get together. I'd be more then willing to add your needs on to an ammo order and bring it up for the next gathering. Even better if it's something I can use as well since the cost per round goes down as the quantity goes up.

wv=shame. It's a crying shame you MA guys can't mail-order ammo, because that's practically the only way to get anything except the most common calibers these days.