Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Carry Piece!

Had a pretty good find this past weekend. Stumbled across an item that I just couldn't resist:

New EDC Knife

It's a Kershaw Barrage, found on clearance at WalMart for $25. I've got a Kershaw Leek assisted folder among the many edged weapons kicking around the house, and it has impressed me with the sharpness and ease of opening. This one has no assist, but the thumbstud allows for a quick, fluid one-handed opening of the razor-sharp blade. Considering I paid half of the "sale" price for this version, I'm pretty happy with this find. In fact, I might go back this weekend and see if they have another one or two - they make great gifts for the knife aficionado on your list!

Because, let's face it - in a gun-free goblin empowerment zone, a sharp blade that can be deployed rapidly beats a damn whistle any day of the week...

That is all.

4 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Jesus, Jay, where did you find that whistle bullshit???


FYI Boston PD, I always have with me something MUCH louder than a whistle when traveling in your fair city!

Butch Cassidy said...

Nice knife, I would jump on that deal in a hurry.

And is reference to the whistle thing, I bet it would work even better if the neighbors swarmed in, armed, and with intructions to intervene. Actually, screw the whistle, issue each one a carry permit and give them instructions to respond to double taps.

Jay G said...

Weerd,

I remember Bruce pointing out the whistle foolishness a while back, and a quick Google on "Boston whistle" pulled that stoopid up...

Butch,

Yeah, I'm going to make a point to hit that WalMart again this weekend to see if they have any left. That's a smokin' deal.

doubletrouble said...

Jay's whistle IS a lethal weapon.

He should get a permit for that or something...