Sunday, August 22, 2010

Shudder...

PISSED, not being content with sending me stories that raise my blood pressure, has turned his attention to making me physically ill. I open my inbox yesterday to discover this nausea-inducing story:

The men with the golden guns: Mexican museum displays 'narco bling' weaponry confiscated from drug lords
This gleaming display of weaponry reveals the increasingly extravagant lifestyles of Mexican drug barons.

The confiscated items, which include several guns and high-precision rifles lavishly decorated with gold, jewels and even religious symbols, feature in a Mexican military museum.

The first picture is a Colt 1911 with gold inlays, accents, engraving, etc. It's too garish for words, and I'm certainly as hell not gonna sear your retinas with it's hideosity. If you haven't eaten yet today, or have a morbid curiosity for things that will make you violently ill, go check out some of the pimped-out guns.

It's enough to make a gunnie cry, it is.

That is all.

6 comments:

SHTF blog said...

Just found your site, man. Greetings from another New Englander!

- RM

8Notch said...

As retina searing as they are, there is a residue of good taste. All those pictured in the article were 1911's, even one in .38 Super. I am shocked there was not a golden Desert Eagle.

wolfwalker said...

So Mexican druglords have more money than functioning brain cells, and no sense of taste or style.

What else is new?

Stretch said...

Money can't buy taste.

Heath J said...

Well, when they do inevitably start the shooting war in my area, I know what I'll be collecting as trophies, and it won't be scalps or ears..

Paul, Dammit! said...

"Do these guns make me look gay?"

"...they say to me that you might have seen one up close."