Friday, September 10, 2010

Anybody Got $4K to Spare?

Because this little beauty is just plain gorgeous.

(pic from Kimber website)



In celebration of the 100th birthday of the 1911, the Kimber® Custom Shop™ has created the Centennial Edition™ .45 ACP. The finest limited edition pistol ever made by Kimber, only 250 will be produced. Special features include an elegant finish by Turnbull Restoration which includes color case hardened frame, charcoal blued slide and barrel, and nitre blue pins and trigger. Smooth grip panels are solid ivory and fine scroll engraving covers the slide flats. The special serial number sequence of MMXI001-MMXI250 has been assigned, and each pistol rests in a fine wood and leather presentation case with brass plate on the outer lid and a maker’s label inside. Additional special features include solid trigger and narrow slide serrations. Like all Kimber pistols, the Centennial Edition features a match grade barrel, chamber and trigger. Made entirely in America, it pays fitting tribute to the greatest fighting pistol ever designed.
And no, it's not MA-compliant. HATE RAGE.


That is all.


Link sent to me via JP, who really wanted to send the WANT meter into overdrive apparently...

17 comments:

Mike W. said...

sorry dude, that thing is ugly.

wolfwalker said...

Seconded.

Jay G said...

Philistines. I am surrounded by Philistines.

JP said...

I've decided I do not like the ivory stocks on it at all. But it certainly is NOT ugly.

Brad_in_IL said...

Change the Ivory out for pearl and you'd have a perfectly ugly pimp-gun. And yes, in this case, I would proudly call myself a Philistine.

Steve said...

I'm with you Jay. That thing is sexy!

Wally said...

Having fondled my share of Turnbull's work, I can guarantee the finish will be outstanding.

The Packetman said...

Color case hardening is da bomb, and yes, I am a Philistine.

Robert McDonald said...

I've really liked this 1911 since the first time I saw it. I'd love to add it to my collection, but that's not going to happen. I do have to wonder what kind of shooting it can handle before the prettiness wears off. I don't want a gun I can't shoot at least enough to be sure of it's reliability. It might only come out for special occasions, but if I'm carrying I want to be able to trust it.

wolfwalker said...

Put it this way, Jay: that thing reminds me of an A-10 Warthog. You know it -- it's that big honkin' butt-ugly (and proud of it!) antitank strike plane. It doesn't fly; it's so ugly the ground pushes it away in disgust. It doesn't have to _shoot_ the bad guys, it uglies them to death.

Ross said...

It's frakkin' BEAUTIFUL. You guys need your vision checked.

DO WANT!!!!

Ross said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ASM826 said...

Is 1911, designed by John Moses Browning, PBUH. Is gun to shoot.

It's already got good sights, a match barrel, a beavertail and a decent hammer. Some front strap checkering, maybe, or at least skateboard tape, and a set of grips with some friction, and it would be ready for some shooting.

All that collector stuff makes no sense to me.

Staying in a place where one 1911 is okay and another is illegal because it's not on a list also makes no sense to me.

Anonymous said...

I've got a friend who would be happy to make a decent looking set of grips for that wannabe-pimp gun. He'd probably use some nice blue-mammoth tusk. I also know a couple of engravers who could show their engravers how to do a 1911 slide. Other then that it's not bad...

ZerCool said...

Does it come with a complimentary purple leisure suit?

Ugh.

Tam said...

All that lipstick on a MIMber and it's still just a MIMber.

I'll bet it even has the %$^& Schwartz safety.

Jay G said...

Is still purty.

And, since it's a Kimber, and as such too unsafe for us NotOnly Ones to buy in MA, I can admire it for its form without ever worrying about its function...