Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Have The Coolest Blogchildren...

So, I go get the mail a few days ago, and there's a letter for me. A little on the unexpected side, as e-mail, Facebook, and chat have made long distance communications instantaneous and free, but not entirely out of the ordinary. I open it up and find a present from my blogdaughter inside:

LOVE IT!

There's so much win packed into this I hardly know where to begin. First off, I'm thrilled that I was one of the people she thought of when she saw Gadsden tattoos. Secondly, the note is a great touch (comments about head notwithstanding... *g*) - whenever I send something out via mail I always like to add in a short handwritten note (and if you know how pitiful my handwriting is, that's a labor of love right there). Third, it is incredibly cool that not only does a Gadsden temporary tattoo exist, but it's also made in the USA...

And lastly, well, this is one of the designs I'm toying with for my first tattoo. I'm turning 40 next year, and one of the things I want to do before I turn 40 is get a tattoo. I've managed to avoid one thus far, not finding anything I'd want permanently attached to my body as of yet - but this is clearly in the running. I think I'll skip the yellow background (lots of pain and expense for something that's not going to show up all that great on my skin), but the snake, grass, and text will be perfect. This will give me a chance to try it out before I go under the needle!

Thanks for thinking of me Nancy - you made my whole week!

That is all.

3 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Or just the text: "Don't Tread on Me" on yer HOG!

Anonymous said...

Not turned 40 yet and no tatoo, eh? Allow me to be an old man for a minute... I got a couple small tats when I was in my early 20's. I just turned 60 and I have to say, if I knew then what I know know, I wouldn't have done it. And every time I see my lovely 25 YO daughter's nearly full body tats, it's all I can do not to cry.

Paul, Dammit! said...

I have 4, myself, being a filthy sailor. None of them are visible while I'm wearing a tank-top and shorts. I think that's the secret- being discreet.

Maybe a nice 'hold fast' across your fingers? You know, a play on the 'from my cold, dead hand."