Monday, December 20, 2010

4K

According to blogger stats, this is my 4,000th post. Four thousand. I've been posting here at MArooned for a little under four years now, meaning that I'm averaging slightly over 1,000 posts a year. That's 83 posts a month, or nearly three posts a day Sunday through Saturday. Who needs Google Analytics when I have a calculator?

Both BB&Guns and Vicious Circle have recently covered the "why/how do you blog" meme, and in my case I joking reply that I blog to give the voices in my head an outlet. Reality isn't too far removed from that - blogging for me is more or less me venting my spleen in a manner that does not involve yelling at the television. Being a gun nut - or conservative - in Massachusetts gives me a nearly endless well of rage, nanny-state activism, and gun control/criminal "justice" idiocy from which to draw whenever the mood strikes.

Either that or I don't know when to shut up...

In any case, thanks to everyone that stops by here to read, follow my links, and comment (especially comments. Did I ever mention that I love comments? No? Well, I do). It humbles me to hear folks say that they read me every day, it really does - there are hundreds or thousands of smarter, funnier, wittier people out there writing blogs, and that you choose to visit my little corner of the universe makes me question your sanity happy. I've joked that I'm but a chimp banging away at an old IBM Selectric typewriter compared to others out there, but apparently y'all seem to like it. Well, except for the flung poo - I'm working on that, sorry...

Seriously, thanks for visiting MArooned!

That is all.

15 comments:

Mike W. said...

I have to say Jay, I've never understood how you manage to put out the sheer volume of content you do. It's nuts. Then again, nuts fits you well.

Chad said...

Jay,

It is I who thank you. You ARE a daily read, and I always get value out of what you've posted.

Unknown said...

Its always great to read you every day. I look forward to 4,000 more

PISSED said...

Keep up the good work Blogfather.. :0)

Rev. Paul said...

What they said.

Anonymous said...

I can't comment.
I'm still laughing over "helmethead".

Skul

Jennifer said...

Keep it up! Love what you've done with the place.

Borepatch said...

Not sure if it's monkey poo, but if so, it's well flung monkey poo.

Congrats!

Nancy R. said...

You know what they say ... throw enough "content" at the wall, some is bound to stick.

Congratulations!

Sabra said...

Daily read here too. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one out there almost-constantly pissed. (Lots of my posts come about after I yell at the radio or computer.)

Maureen said...

Congratulations, Jay!! I've found so many of my daily reads through your links, but you're still my first stop in the morning and I come back often during the day so I can meet my 100% RDA of rage, sarcasm, humor, and thoughtful insight all in one place. Keep up the good work.

Robert said...

You're a daily stop, along with Unc, Sebastian & Bitter, Tam, Instapundit and a few others. Keep flinging!

Anonymous said...

I read you every day as well, and want to say thank you for your most interesting words; also, wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
DonF

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Here's hoping for another 4,000. I'll be reading every day.

Julie said...

you're a daily read (if i turn the computer on that day ... i don't turn it on JUST to read you - sorry about that) ... and, of course, i enjoy our chats ... keep up the good work!