Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Northeast Bloggers Third Annual Winter Social Update

Okay. It's December 1st. We have about a month before the get-together, give or take. Original post is here, but here's a recap:

What? Northeast Blogger Winter Gathering.

Who? Any and all bloggers, commenters, readers, lurkers, etc. in the Northeast area, or those passing through, or anyone crazy enough to show up.

When? Since both Christmas and New Years fall on Saturday this year, meaning that both weekends are essentially taken up, I propose we move the date to Saturday, January 8th. This way we're not dodging drunks around NYE or Santa and his reindeer patties on the 24th.

Where? TBD. I'll put in my plug for Jillian's Billiards in Manchester, NH, where we had the dinner last year. The food was excellent, they have free wifi, and after we eat we can shoot some pool for more informal chat. I really think the event ought to be in NH, though, to deprive the Volksrepublik of our ducats.

Why? Folks getting together to enjoy good food, great beer, and superlative company. Bring your appetite, a whistle for wetting, and your best stories to tell.

Attendees:

Andrew
Cher & Mopar
Weer'd Beard
Ross
Wally
Libertyman
Colin

Possible:

Paul


Let me know how Saturday, January 8th works for everyone as well as our venue. It seems that most folks want a venue in NH, and Manchester is pretty much centrally located for everyone - right off 93 for those coming from MA; tied in to 101 for those coming from the east coast; not too far for our neighbors to the north (Marko? David?). I was very happy with our accommodations at Jillian's last year and would be glad to do that a second time; alternately, there's Murphy's Taproom which comes highly recommended.

Let's finalize a time and a location, and start making travel arrangements!

That is all.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in.

It'll be good to see the local NE gang again after I had to sit out most social functions last summer due to that $%&#* sciatic nerve.

David said...

Hey now, mark me as possible. I'll know for certain later this month.

scotaku said...

Possible! I shall alert my running dog masters and see if I can free myself on the 8th. I look forward to seeing the best of the Northeast once again.

libertyman said...

I'm in -- looking forward to it!

MedicMatthew said...

Jay, you can put me down for a solid maybe. Will have to evaluate the schedule.

Anonymous said...

I would love to check out Murphy's, but if I remember right from last year they have a band on Saturday nights? That probably isn't conducive to conversation.
The 8th sounds good to me (gotta make sure it still works for the boss) and I suspect we'll stay the night at the same hotel nearby again (have to check with Cher for the name).

JD said...

Put me in for Possible at this point. Need to see if my better half can get the night off. . .

doubletrouble said...

Sounds good.

Jillian's was good (make sure it doesn't snow that night); Murphy's is VERY firearm friendly.
I've only had appetizer stuff there, but that was good.
If Mopar is correct, yeah, a band would mess up the yakking quotient considerably.

wv: "magam"; They let you bring your .44 magam witcha...

Borepatch said...

Sorry I won't be there, except in spirit.

Lissa said...

*sniff* I'll be there in spirit!!

zeeke42 said...

Put me down as a possible.

libertyman said...

We could, of course, meet before at Manchester Firing Range for some shooting of firearms before shooting the breeze.

libertyman said...

Lissa and Borepatch -- it is really not that far from the Manchester airport...

TOTWTYTR said...

As MedicMatthew said. I expect I'll be able to get the night off, but I won't know for a couple of weeks.

Jillians is OK, although like doubletrouble I hope for better weather.

Muphy's says they have live music on Saturdays, so that's another plus for Jillians.