Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Gun Pr0n #207

Today's gun pr0n is a gun I've written about at Guns, Holsters, and Gear, but neglected to show here:

Rimfire Smith

That's a Smith & Wesson 22A-1 .22LR semi-automatic pistol. It's Smith & Wesson's entry level rimfire pistol, an affordable cousin to the esteemed model 41, Smith's premiere .22LR semi-automatic handgun. The 22A line of handguns are modestly priced, with even the most expensive versions available at an MSRP of less than $320. This particular 22A, on loan for the Guns, Holsters, and Gear review, has the 5½" bull barrel, target grips, and an integral Weaver rail; accuracy far better than your humble host's meager efforts comes standard.

While I still hold my S&W 422 near and dear, I'm very tempted to pick up a 22A of my own...

That is all.

4 comments:

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,

Is the 22A series "legal" for MA in all respects?

- Brad

DaddyBear said...

I love mine! Definitely fun to shoot and a lot cheaper than the 1911

Jeremy said...

Brad- the 22A is definitely MA legal and you can find it at several shops- I know that Collectors Gallery in Stoneham carries it with the target grips. Can't remember the price.

I went with a Ruger MkIII Target with the longer barrel because it fit my hands much better than the S&W. Those target grips are HUGE. Still saving up for a model 41.

S&W also has the new M&P22. We'll have to wait for that to get on THE LIST so it's safe enough for us to touch, though. Maybe one day S&W will make a conversion kit for the M&P.

Brad_in_IL said...

Jeremy,

Thanks for the info. I am in the licensing process in MA and am starting to look around. The 22A and the ruger are both on my short list for my first .22 auto-loader pistol.

- Brad