Monday, April 25, 2011

A Humbling Gift...

I mentioned getting another gift for my birthday at the blog dinner Friday night. Michael W. from Doin' The Time Warp presented me with this gorgeous knife:

THAT'S a knife!

Brass hardware, rosewood scales, and swirled damascus steel blade. Isn't that about the most gorgeous knife you've ever seen? I started thinking about the different knives in my collection, and this is far and away the nicest blade out of the entire bunch. Did I mention that Michael made this knife? No? Well, there you are. The craftsmanship is astounding, and I expect that this will be a fine heirloom for the G. men to hand down from generation to generation. I only hope TheBoy doesn't start plotting to get it early... :)

Thanks again, Michael - I will cherish this always.

That is all.

10 comments:

Marty said...

And then Newbius stole it like 8 times...

Wally said...

Wow, that is beautiful. What great craftsmanship!

BobG said...

Nice lookin' bowie.

Dave H said...

That's gorgeous. Michael knows his stuff.

(Man, I am so jealous. I need to get some different friends.)

What are you going to name it?

Weer'd Beard said...

WOW that IS nice. I must fondle it the next possible chance I get!

I have an infatuation for damascus steel. I also have a friend who makes the stuff!

PA State Cop said...

Good time. Looking forward to the next time.

Newbius said...

I did not steal it. Jay kept losing track of its whereabouts...

Old NFO said...

NICE!!!

Jim said...

Jay, that's a damn fine knife.

You'll need to get a cheaper one for impaling hippies though. That one's too nice to lose as "evidence".


Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words Jay. I figure as much pleasure that I get from reading your blog it was the least I could do for your birthday. (Not to mention I consider you as my blog step-father)