Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pittsburgh-Bound...

...well, in two weeks, that is.

Yes, after taking TheBoy camping and then the entire fandamily to DC, I'll be pausing for a few day breather and then heading out to Pittsburgh for the NRA convention. I'll be picking up Weer'd Beard and Dennis along the way, and we'll be arriving in SteelerVille sometime late Thursday evening. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be filled with gunnie goodness, between walking the convention floor ogling the many fine offerings to dinners to meeting up with other bloggers in the press room. It's been likened to the gunnie prom, which of course means I'll break out in zits and won't be able to do a thing with my hair...

What I liked most about last year's NRA convention, though, was meeting up with bloggers from around the country. I easily doubled my "Bloggers I've Met" list after last year's NRA convention, and it's easily my favorite part of the convention. Sure, ogling the shiny new guns (most of which I can't own) is fun; talking to industry folks is informative; and meeting up with folks like Alan Gura and Alan Gottlieb was great - but getting the chance to finally meet folks like Unc and Breda and Alan and Joe Huffman and Mike W. and Nancy R. and Newbius and... well, you get the idea. All these folks that I've talked with - some for years - I finally got to meet. And in some cases, sit down and have dinner with.

Who else will we be meeting in Pittsburgh?

That is all.

21 comments:

DaddyBear said...

I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing if Weerd is as fun in person as he is on-line.

Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay G said...

He is. Try driving down the eastern seaboard with him...

Although, really, nothing beats Mike W. shrieking like a little girl at my driving... ;)

Weer'd Beard said...

"and won't be able to do a thing with my hair... "

I'm wondering what you did with your hair too! Maybe you should look under the sofa!

Can't wait to meet you in person too, Delta Bravo!

I'm excited as all get-out!

Alan said...

There's a convention?

I though it was a giant blogger get together.

Laura said...

OH GOD MIKE SHRIEKED??!?

i'm sad i missed that.

Jay G said...

I'll bet I could make it happen again... :D

elmo iscariot said...

The little lady and I will be there on Saturday and Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Joe Huffman will be running Boomershoot that weekend.

JB Miller said...

TBolt and I will be there Thurs night thru Sunday.

Should be fun!

Johnnyreb™ said...

I'll pop in saturday or sunday ... hopefully both.

Nancy R. said...

We're planning on being there -- including Sweet Daughter. I even bought new shoes for the event.

Scott McCray said...

I'll be there with Mom McCray in tow - can't wait!

Bubblehead Les. said...

Hmm. Better double my Bourbon stockpile for the Con.

Mike W. said...

I did no such thing! NO shrieking! Although if I had it'd be unsurprising since I am apparently a woman. :P

I did laugh at how much you heated up those stock Corolla tires though.

Mom W. might even make an appearance next year. She wanted to come this year, take pictures, and meet the "crazy looking guy" (you) and the "cute little thing" (Breda)

Mike W. said...

"I'll bet I could make it happen again... :D"

Breda may have called me a woman but that doesn't mean it's OK to touch me there Jay!

Link P said...

I am scheduled to arrive Wednesday afternoon. I didn't want to risk missing the NRA Foundation banquet on Thursday evening. I grew up in Pittsburgh, and will be needing to indulge in some of my favorite culinary classics if anyone is interested in experiencing the food treasures that will be available to us.

Newbius said...

Of course I will be there. The real question is this: Is the kegger going to be at your hotel or mine?

Patrick said...

I'll be there....

John Richardson said...

Definitely will be there. However, it will be my first as a blogger. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gun bloggers.

As to Breda's shindig, I'm not sure I'd go so far as to wear a tie.

Anonymous said...

Better be on your best behavior I hear the thought police will be on patrol at the convention.