Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another Triumvirate!

Yesterday's post on S&W revolvers got me to thinking. There was another display that was equally appealing - the Kimber display of their fine 1911s. Just like the S&W display, they had many sizes:

Small

Medium

Large

The Government and Commander sized models are from Kimber's Custom Shop; the Officer's sized model is from their Super Carry line. All have bobtailed grips and the "melted" treatment for concealed carry as well as aggressive checkering for secure purchase in the hand. The Officer's sized Super Carry is especially appealing, only 25 ounces for an 8-shot (7+1) 1911. Of course, none of these are "safe" enough for the Volksrepublik, so I can only drool from afar...

But I can certainly add to the wishlist once I escape this hellhole and move to America...

That is all.

5 comments:

libertyman said...

Hmmmmm... a hint of a move in the works?

Teke said...

Anytime I see nice 1911's I drool. Even with being able to buy any of them. I think the snakeskin texture on the Super Carry looks awesome. I like the look of the bobbed grip. Never shot one so I don't know how it would feel in the hand while shooting in comparison the the standard squared grip.

Mike W. said...

The state of Mass is just trying to save you money Jay....

Peter said...

I'm not too happy with Kimber in general, after experiencing several problems. I think their QC leaves a great deal to be desired. See Hilton Yam's comments:

http://10-8performance.blogspot.com/2010/07/kimber-warrior.html

Ouch!

Teke said...

I had to forcibly make myself resist the Special edition GT-10 10mm that Kimber did for Tom Gresham. That gun looked NICE! But was pricey.