Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Goin' Single at the NRA Convention

Single Action, that is. There was quite a bit of SA goodness at the show to enjoy, from priceless antiques to modern replicas and everything in between. Here's a smattering of wheelgun goodness from the show.

We had percussion cap revolvers:

Model of 1851


Military models

And modern reproductions:

EAA Bounty Hunter

That's an EAA copy of a Colt Peacemaker chambered in .22LR.

There was even one of the prototype NAA mini-22LR in a top-break model:

PICTURE TITLE

Talking to the folks at North American Arms, they're not actually putting this into production. Apparently there's not enough interest to justify the expense of re-tooling the equipment from a drop-out cylinder to a top-break set up.

And if you think these are cool, just wait until we get to the flintlock firearms...

That is all.

7 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, those 1851's were NICE! Good pics and a good report Jay!

ZerCool said...

I played with the NAA Ranger briefly. I'm saddened that they won't be putting it into standard production, because I'd really like to have one - but I'm not willing to pay the premium they're pulling now, given the "1 of 500" status. (Currently one on gunbroker with a starting price of $900.)

Jay G said...

The .22 Mag intrigued me, but unless you start getting into .32 H&R Magnum I'm not all that interested in it as anything other than a curiosity.

While the top break is an improvement over the "pop the cylinder out" to reload, it's still a five round, single action rimfire - not something I'd stake my life to for any reason (except maybe as a BUG to a BUG...)

Come out with a .32 version that's only slightly larger, I think they'd have a passable back-up firearm...

Chris said...

Well if someone would make us more quality top breaks we'd buy them now wouldn't we :)

SpeakerTweaker said...

That NAA is coooooool!

You're right; that top-break would take the suckitude out of reloading the current Mini.



tweaker

Mike W. said...

Going single eh? I don't think your wife is going to like that...

Weer'd Beard said...

"Well if someone would make us more quality top breaks we'd buy them now wouldn't we :)"

I gotta imagine somebody might figure out how to vastly improve on them.

yeah I'd be interested!