Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Gun Pr0n #218

Today's gun picture comes from THOTpolice, who got a new addition:


Not Smelly

The SMLE Enfield* on the bottom is the new addition and is chambered in G-d's Own New Testament Caliber (.308 Win). He's Bob. The SMLE Enfield on top is in the original .303 British chambering and is, naturally, Tommy. THOT has more information at his blog since, well, they're his rifles!

Having had the opportunity to shoot TOTWTYTR's Enfield at one of the NE Bloggershoots, I can definitely see the appeal of multiple rifles, especially one in a "modern" caliber. The rifles are well-balanced, handle recoil well, and have a removable box magazine - an oddity in the world of bolt-action military surplus.


Thanks for sharing THOT!

That is all.

*Note: changed per repeated comments about SMLE vs. other models. Mea culpa, I am not all that familiar with this rifles, if that wasn't abundantly clear... ;)

9 comments:

Mad Saint Jack said...

ISHY! HELL YEAH!

kilopaparomeo said...

Hate to be anal (but heck, I AM a gun geek) but neither of these are SMLEs. The SMLE is properly the No 1 rifle and its different Marks (e.g., Mk I, I*, II, III). The top rifle is a No 4 Mk I and the bottom rifle is an Ishapore No 2A.

Rifle...is not SMLE.

Bubblehead Les. said...

One of my "I won the Lottery Projects" is to have a nice 7.62 Nato ISHY made up into a Scout Rifle. Someday....

Butch Cassidy said...

Eeeeeeeenfiiiiieeeeeeeelds...

I have an original No.5 Mk I if you are accepting pictures of the lowly Lee-Enfield. Still need to order and instal a new stock on my Ishapore. I'm not completely infatuated with the platform, not at all...

Phil L. said...

Very nice. Spending some time with something like this is on my "someday" list. Well, along with a K.31...

Angus McThag said...

kilopaparomeo is right.

Mad Saint Jack said...

Kilo- I was thinking that but I was not 100%.


(hmmm maybe I should mail my SMLE I* to Oleg?)

Mad Saint Jack said...

Went to a gun shop and they had one of the cleanest .308 Enfields I have ever seen.

In fact the thing looked so new I was alarmed it may have been a Kyber Pass gun.


Les- You and me. We are like two horses in a harness.

chris said...

I thought SMLE stood for Short Magazine Lee Enfield. Yes-No?