Thursday, July 7, 2011

Extended Review Update: SIG SAUER .22LR Conversion Kit

A few months back I reviewed the SIG SAUER .22LR conversion kit for the P226 for Guns, Holsters, & Gear.

Non-Mosquito .22LR Sig

At the time, I'd only put a couple hundred rounds through the conversion kit, noting that it was barely broken in. I noticed that, towards the end of a session, there would start to be issues with failures to fire once the unit got dirty, but other than that the kit worked very well. Now, I haven't come across a .22LR semi-auto that didn't get finicky when it got dirty, so I chalked it up to the vagaries of the .22LR cartridge.

Well, I've got a few more rounds under the conversion kit belt (somewhere between 500 and 750), and it just keeps getting better. The last time I brought the gun out, I hadn't cleaned it from a ~ 100 round session out of curiosity, and proceeded to put another 200 rounds through it with nary a hitch. Accuracy is still impressive; the fit and finish remain superb after living in the range bag the past four months, and I was so impressed with the kit I paid it the ultimate compliment:

I bought it.

That is all.

2 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Cool! Bringing it to the Shoot?

Jay G said...

I was planning on it... :)

I figure at the two week mark I'll put up a post about ordnance and ammo...

I may need to rent a bigger truck...