Monday, July 25, 2011

Fourth Annual Northeast Bloggershoot: Ordnance and Other Bits

Well, the Fourth Annual Northeast Bloggershoot is less than two weeks away (two weeks as of yesterday). Time to start thinking about what to bring, both in the way of ordnance as well as other supplies. Here's what I'll be lugging to the shoot:

Rifles:
VEPR (.308Win)
Savage Model 10 (.308Win)
Bushmaster AR-15 (.223 Rem)
Ruger 10/22 (.22LR)
Remington 572 (.22LR)
Poss: SKS (7.62X39mm)

Shotguns:
Mossberg 590 (12 ga.)
Winchester 1300 with pistol grip (12 ga.)
Stevens 31 side-by-side (12 ga.)

Pistols
:
Sig Sauer P226 (9mm and .22LR)
Colt 1991A1 compact (.45 ACP)
Colt Gold Cup National Match (.45 ACP)
Ruger LC9 (9mm)
Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 (.380 ACP)

Revolvers:
Smith & Wesson model 17 (.22LR)
Smith & Wesson model 13 (.357 Magnum)
Smith & Wesson model 27 (.357 Magnum)
Smith & Wesson model 242 (.38 Special)
Smith & Wesson model 360 (.357 Magnum)
Colt New Frontier (.22LR)

If there's something in the G. armory that you'd like to try out, give a holler and I'll see if I can make room...

I'll be bringing food for all of the above, as well as to try out anything that might happen to be of interest. For the shotguns, I've got buckshot, slugs, and birdshot for various shotgun related activities that might arise. For targets, there will be paper, 2 liter bottles filled with water, orange clays, targets for Redneck Trap, and whatever else folks would like to bring. If someone could see to bringing a suitable victim for a bayonet charge that would be fantastic (since neither Lissa nor Borepatch will be attending this year *sniff*).

As an additional note, we have folks bringing full auto weaponry in .223 and 9mm that I am certain of, and I suspect that there may be .22LR as well. My personal feeling is that if someone is kind enough to lend me their firearm to shoot, I'm going to run factory brass-cased ammo through it - no reloads or steel-cased/corrosive/extra dirty ammo. Just my personal feelings; others can bring as they see fit - and those allowing the borrowing have final say in what gets fed to their babies...

I'm also bringing a table, chairs, and canopy for staging my arms as well as ammunition buckets for everything I'm bringing. I am a little on the OCD side (stop laughing) and have marked up all my magazines with my initials - not that I think anyone would walk off with something that wasn't theirs, but because, let's face it, a bunch of us have 1911s and AR-15s, and initials help avoid confusion. It's also a good idea to write down exactly how many of each time magazine you have when it's time to pack up.

Anyone that needs directions to the sooper seekrit range please send me an e-mail and I will oblige. Bring sunscreen and bug spray and prepare for any sort of weather - this is New England in August. It could be 105º and really humid; it could be 55º and drizzly raw. Bring your favorite firearm, any target you'd like so long as you're prepared to haul it back out, and, most of all, yourself.

Is Northeast bloggershoot. Is good.

That is all.

8 comments:

Mopar said...

Since I'm staying at the same hotel as Old NFO I'm probably going to limit my longarms this trip to carbines and things that break down so they don't look like firearms and maybe one large case that looks like it could be almost anything. The SR1911 and the Bobcat will be there, as well as the big honkin .44mag. Since nobody knows everything the rest of us have, maybe if there is something you would like to try out just post it here, it's a good chance in this crowd at least one of us already owns it. :)

ZerCool said...

I'll be packing light, but I have a potential bayonet victim lined up.

Bubblehead Les. said...

1919 in .308 is coming, Semi-Auto Sten in 9mm is coming, a Universal in .30 Carbine is coming, a Spanish Baby Browning in .25ACP is coming, a Smith 4043 in .40 S+W is coming, a Smith 12 Gauge is coming, I think that's it for me, but things can change. I'm like Jay. Youse wanna shoota mys guns, youse just feeds my guns, hokay? Now I's just gotta gets mes some of dat der .45 ACP to be a shooting dat der SR1911 of Mopars...

Butch Cassidy said...

List here:

http://theruntcompound.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/a-bloggershoot-menu/

Along with some water bottles for targets, a few paper targets, and maybe some other things if they fit in the car.

By the way; will Weer'd be bringing his FAL? If so, I will cram a mag's worth of 308 in the back somewhere.

Eric said...

I'll be bringing:
Colt/BCM midlength carbine
S&W M&P 15 22
Glock 19 (constant companion)
S&W 442
A shotgun of some description
If anyone wants to try out a M&P pistol (any size) in 9mm let me know.

libertyman said...

I'll bring the short 590 a Swedish Mauser or two. Anyone want to try the FiveSeveN? Others to be determined.

Wally said...

I keep trying to pare the list down, but it keeps growing.

Now that I see Butch will be bringing his Stevens 22, I am compelled to bring mine.

Extra-hungry ARs in 9 and 223 , integrally supressed ruger Mk2, AK-54, PSL, 7" 1911, and who knows what else.

And as said elsewhere on these comments, I'll fill any requests that I can.

TOTWTYTR said...

You are making this tough as most of my list is now covered.

Looks like I'll be bringing,

an Enfield (you'd expect no less) only this is a professionally sporterized one.

Ithaca 37 Shotgun
Bushmaster AR15
S&W 457
S&W MP9c

Maybe some other firearms rattling around in the safe.