Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Gun Pr0n #225

Wally was kind enough to share one of his rare and unique firearms with us for today's gun pic:

Two 7" 45s

Yes, your eyes do not deceive you. That is a 1911 with a 7" barrel. I'll let Wally do the honors and tell you about her:

After I stumbled into the 1911, I told mom I got a 7" .45. She said "what song". Ha!

So I hope the pic is fitting. The Longslide is one of my grail guns and it is pictured with an ubergrail record.

The 1911 is an AMT Hardballer Longslide, 7" barrel, all stainless, in match configuration as it left the factory. It has been flawless with Gold Dots, too.

The AMT hardballer had a hit-or-miss reputation for reliability; I'm glad to hear Wally's example is the former. He's going to bring it to the bloggershoot; I'm looking forward to putting a magazine or two through her just to see what it's like. I'll have my 5" Gold Cup and my 3.5" 1991A1 Compact for comparison - we should have Weerd bring his S&W Commander so we can have a family portrait!

Is 1911. Is big 1911. Is good.

That is all.

12 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Why do I have the vision of Arnold Schwarznegger walking up to the line at the upcoming Blogshoot?

Marty said...

Need a big top LASER!

Ross said...

A reliable Hardballer. Will wonders never cease?

Weer'd Beard said...

Heh Ross, You came to mind when I saw that it was an AMT!

Teke said...

Some may say both are antequated or relics. Others that one or the other is will never die. I say they are both beautiful and will live on through those wh appreciate their fine qualities.

Anonymous said...

Love the longslide.
Shot thousands or rounds without issue.

AMT backup that is another story.

SpeakerTweaker said...

Didn't the (Jack Nicholson) Joker use something like that in Batman?

;)

Srsly, though, I did not know such a thing existed! Very neat!



tweaker

Atom Smasher said...

Last time I saw one of those was in the hands of Bill Culp's FBI agent character in the show "The Greatest American Hero".

Anonymous said...

So what was the song???

Bubblehead Les. said...

Anon 2:53 P.M.- "Believe it or not, I'm walking on Air, never thought I could feel so Free..."

That should get you started if you really want to track it down.

Wally said...

When I got it, I didn't figure it would run either so I will not fault you pessimists in the crowd :)

Anon, the record is "the screw" by the Crystals, or rather by Phil Spektor.

Anonymous said...

My 5" AMT is reliable. I put in a stronger Wolff spring, though, and I buy name-brand ammo. :-)