Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kilted Kick-off...

Today is September 1st, which as the astute reader will note is the official start of the Kilted to Kick Cancer Fundraising Challenge. Ambulance Driver has taken it upon himself to shame cajole cleverly entice the EMS- and gunblogging communities into raising awareness of prostate cancer while also raising funds. There's a list of companies that have very graciously donated prizes for the top three blogs that raise the most money, but it's not about the prizes - it's about bragging rights, and humiliation.

Ah, yes, humiliation. What a powerful motivating force. Drill Sargents know it. Fathers of teenaged children know it. And now you, the blogreading public, will be a part of it. I won't be wearing a kilt, because I'm not of the proper extraction. I don't own a kilt; I have no plans to own a kilt; and it's not exactly the kind of thing you borrow. I did manage to improvise something, though. You've heard of the Utili-kilt? May I present to you, the Italia-Kilt:

Toga! Toga! TOGA!



Yes, part toga, part kilt. Hey, it's the best I could do on short notice, okay? It's at least in the spirit of the thing, right? Well... I've got a way to make amends. I've got a compromise. I know that when certain people have worn kilts, they've been jokingly referred to as wearing a skirt. Well, I'll promise you this: If folks make contributions through this blog that put MArooned into the top three, I'll find an actual skirt to wear...


You heard that correctly. Put MArooned over the top, Jay G. wears a skirt. That's how dedicated I am to raising money for Kilted to Kick Cancer. Donations should be made at www.pcf.org/kilted7 to count for MArooned; or if you'd like, you can donate to the Kilted to Kick Cancer page through LiveStrong at my Kilted to Kick Cancer Team Page.

Donate money. Help out prostate cancer research. See Jay G. humiliate himself on the world wide web.

What could be simpler?

That is all.

12 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

That dress really brings out your eyes.... ; ]

Irish said...

I do hope you are wearing tactical undies under there... ;)

Ross said...

I hope he's NOT. Wouldn't be traditional, ya know.

BTW, Jay... I can show you how to properly pleat a great kilt, which is sorta close to what you're wearing. AND loan you a penannular to pin it up properly.

Angus McThag said...

Did you know that the great kilt is likely derived from an attempt to emulate a toga?

Bubblehead Les. said...

BRAIN BLEACH, STAT!

Paladin said...

The plaid picnic & thermos bag we had back in the 60's comes to mind for some reason :)

Teke said...

How much must we donate to NEVER see you in this again?

BobG said...

An Italian wearing a Scottish toga?
The mind boggles...


Word verification: comedi

FrankC said...

At least your tartan toga is more like the original scots kilt than the current design.
With yours it should double as a wrap for sleeping in.

FrankC said...

Further more, $50 to the cause.

TOTWTYTR said...

Are you trying to cure cancer or scare it to death? Sheesh.

Seriously, thanks for helping the cause. Of course, we're really helping ourselves here, aren't we?

FrankC said...

Cure it or scare it to death? Whatever works.