Friday, October 21, 2011

Dear Blogger, Part 2.

Since the "below the jump" feature is what prompted me to "upgrade" (and I use the term VERY loosely here), I'm going to make use of it now. I will be going back to the old format from here on in, because the new format simply has too many problems with it to continue use. Caution: adult language below the fold...

Shorter: New blogger interface sucks and it hates you.

That is all.

Okay. First off. The whole scheduled/draft business PISSES ME THE EVER-LOVING FUCK OFF. I write up a post. I set it to go at a certain time. I hit the fucking "PUBLISH POST" button, then check, because I've been screwed too many times with it reverting to draft.

When I see "scheduled", that had DAMN WELL MOTHERFUCKING MEAN scheduled. When I add another post to be put up later, I DO NOT want to see that first post at "draft". That's bullshit, and you can kiss my hairy Italian ass.

Secondly. It is INCREDIBLY FUCKING AGGRAVATING to carefully arrange a post with all the elements that make up your own particular blogging style, then hit "PUBLISH POST" and find out that Blogger has taken it upon itself to BUGGER IT ALL TO FUCKING HELL. Seriously. the last post I put up, I found my signature "that is all" moved FOUR DIFFERENT TIMES to FOUR DIFFERENT LOCATIONS in the post. FOUR FUCKING TIMES. I eventually had to kick the damn thing into RAW HTML to fix it.

Third: Fuck you and the fucking bullshit New Coke shittier new version. I'll be using the older, LESS SHITTY version, thankyouverymuch...

Fourth: SURE AS SHIT, it's FORTY FUCKING MINUTES past the time I set AND CHECKED TWICE and Blogger kicked this back to "draft". Die in a fire after choking on a bag of dicks, new Blogger interface...

15 comments:

bluesun said...

Yes.

Unknown said...

Come to the Light Side. (Almost) all the kool kids are on WordPress. I migrated a few years ago because of similar frustrations, and WP has not given me any problems. They even let you import your Blogger blog in its entirety, posts and comments and all.

chiefjaybob said...

You forgot to add your sign-off line. Or is there more to come?

Ruth said...

Yup, yup, and yup. Can you leave feedback? I can't. And they just announced that before long they're going to force everyone to switch. Lovely huh?

Anonymous said...

So, I take it you don't overly care for it?

DaddyBear said...

Jay will be appearing with the Blogger "Up With People" troupe, with opening act "The Wiggles" this weekend at the Omni in Atlanta.

Groundhog said...

No really, tell us how you really feel?

Will Brown said...

Your experience has convinced me Jay; WordPress it is.

So, WP.com or WP.org? Is there a difference and what web host does your fancy favor?

Old NFO said...

Agreed... dammit...

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

What Marko said - come to the Light Side. I switched from Blogger to WP because of the automatic mobile formatting (that Blogger didn't have at the time), and found out I got free stats and such with it. Plus the user interface was a lot better.

I haven't played with my Blogger account for over a year and a half, now, but I assume WordPress is still better.

Besides, we have cookies.*

* Cookies can be picked up at your local supermarket for a small fee. Available selections may vary.

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

Oh, yeah. Plus the scheduling feature works, and you get to use strikethroughs in your posts for added snarktastic effect!

bogie said...

So you were very good at hiding what you were trying to convey, but I think you are saying you are extremely happy with the new version and can't wait for them to add more suckage to it ;)

hiroshi_tea said...

Even though I do not use my blog much now, I have always typed up my posts in raw HTML simply because the blogger "autocorrect" is simply atrocious. This is the case of the system doing things that you didn't ask for simply "because they know what you want moe than you do"

Mulligan said...

sounds like blogger picked a middle ground between the microsoft way - you want to do this and it won't work until you do, and the facebook way - we changed it for you because you found all the security settings and turned 'em on again.

Anonymous said...

We didn't need to know about your hairy Italian ass