Monday, October 24, 2011

KTKC Auction: The Winnahs!

The auction is over. The winners have been contacted. In total, over $1,000 was raised for the Prostate Cancer Foundation. Winners were as follows:

1. Free registration to one of Todd Louis Green's handgun classes - Eric.
2. $250 gift certificate from Hornady Ammunition - North.
3. $150 voucher off of a new kilt ($300) from Kilt This - Will Brown.
4. Custom Dragon Leatherworks Talon holsterZerCool.

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who participated in this auction. It was pretty hard to part with these sweet prizes - especially the handgun class (which, yes, I need) and the holster - but I'm very pleased with how everything turned out. The money raised with this auction brings the total amount raised to very close to $10,000 - the latest tally from Ambulance Driver was $8,806.50!


Again, mad props to AD for pulling this all together. He's the glue that kept our kilts... No, wait, better to not go there... I have ordered my T-shirt from our side-wager, and will have a new profile picture for the remainder of the year hopefully by the end of the week, minute-of-berm and everything. I don't mind taking some good-natured ribbing when it means raising this kind of money for a good cause.



And AD better watch out, because I aim to redeem myself next year...

That is all.

2 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Send me North's address, and I'll forward the Hornady gift certificate to him.

Still have no idea how to redeem it, but it says on the front to contact Hornady for instructions on how, and it's signed by Steve Hornady himself.

And thanks for your efforts in this, Jay. With your auction, we're going to top $11,000.

That's right, eleven grand. Not bad for a campaign put together over 3 weeks, huh?

It's going to be bigger and better next year, with more participants and bigger prizes. I envision at least one kilted blogger in every state, and I already have a line on a custom, handmade pair of dueling pistols as one of the prizes.

North said...

More info coming your way - I thought I did this over the weekend. Apparently my brain is fermented.