Monday, November 14, 2011

Too Good to Not Share...

Heh. Monday funnies from OldNFO:
The English language has some wonderfully anthropomorphic collective nouns for the various groups of animals.

We are all familiar with a:

Herd of cows,
Flock of chickens,
School of fish
Gaggle of geese.
Pride of lions,

However, less widely known is:

A Murder of crows (as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens),
An Exaltation of doves
and, presumably because they look so wise, a Parliament of owls.

Now consider a group of Baboons. They are the loudest, most dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least intelligent of all primates.

And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons?

Believe it or not ……. a Congress!
It took me a minute to regain my composure after reading this one...

That is all.

7 comments:

TJIC said...

Jenny S keeps telling me I need to move to Alaska.

Articles like this help make her point!

Borepatch said...

Pretty mean to the poor owls.

Ross said...

One incompetent man is a disgrace; two, a law firm, and three or more become a Congress!!

Old NFO said...

Glad you liked it :-)

Mikael said...

I knew the crow one(and would've been able to answer it correctly and swiftly), however while I'm sure I've heard the others before(the owl one sounds especially familiar), I wouldn't have been able to answer those.

Very fitting with the baboons. :)

Guffaw in AZ said...

A conspiracy of attorneys

Nancy R. said...

And a patchouli of hippies ...