Thursday, December 8, 2011

I *NEED* This...

A reader who desperately wants to spend my money just sent me this link:

Stormtrooper Overview
As the backbone of the imperial army, the Stormtroopers are the empire’s legions, a mass of menacing power in their awe-inspiring armor.

Now, one of the most iconic uniforms in the STAR WARS™ universe has been exquisitely rendered in leather by the UD Replicas’ team, setting a new standard in leather garment manufacturing.
All I want to know is if the helmet is DOT and SNELL approved... I'm just imagining showing up in Laconia on my FLHT wearing the black outfit. It's just so awesomely geeky, I'm thinking I might have to get some of my action figures out of storage... The suit itself is adjustable for a perfect fit and has body armor in all the expected areas. And it comes in black *or* white...

Anyone got a spare $1,200 lying around?

That is all.

10 comments:

Matt said...

Does the helmet actually come with it? It's not listed in the price sheet, unfortunately.

Also, I wonder if the utility belt is at all functional. . . .

Mopar said...

And, the helmet doesnt actually HAVE to be DOT/Snell approved at Laconia, since NH doesn't have any helmet laws for adults.

jetfxr69 said...

The helmets come from a different company (follow the small print...), and are replica helmets for costumes or collections, NOT for actual protection. So, if you were to ride where there aren't helmet requirements (see Mopar's comment) you'd be legal.

I'll leave the discussion of helmet-laws to others more affected by them. I haven't owned a ground-rocket for about 6 years.

Matt said...

I see that now about the helmets. I just completely missed it earlier, even though I looked several times for any info. Should have done a Ctrl-F, I guess.

ASM826 said...

I never understood why none of them could shoot accurately, though.

If you were a Jedi, and 500 stormtroopers came charging into your area, you could relax. It was going to be the walls and ceiling that got hammered.

Anonymous said...

I am trying to imagine that scene as my ambulance, rescue and law enforcement pull up and found.....
A shaved headed biker in one of these suits, after I pulled my trusty EMT shears out and quickly removed said suit to see what damages and injuries there were..
I can imagine Officer/Trooper/Deputy/Firefighter looking at victim, nodding solemnly and stating
"I always wondered what they looked like under those suits, almost looks damn near human!"

Daniel in Brookline said...

Frankly, if you wanted to look bad-ass on your motorcycle, I'd think this would be the LAST thing you'd want!

For Boskone, however, it'd be just the thing...

Sicktone said...

Let me kick this off-- I'll kick in $50 to get a post with 60 seconds of YouTube video with you riding Mass roads in the suit. By the time you can ride, we can do this...no BS, I mean this...

PS -- I live in California and feel your MArooned pain. Great blog!

Steve said...

I knew I sent it to the right person. You'd have to finish it with your own little flair, though.

Add a kilt.

Grayson said...

Jay,
If you find the time, get over to www.tacticalfanboy.com, and look for the Imperial Stormtrooper uniform done up in black carbon fibre. This is a whole new manifestation of awesome - and if anyone can do a Stormtrooper helmet suitable for riding a motorcycle, I say go for it.