Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Amusing Anecdote...

Was recounting to my brother-from-another-mother Heath last night a funny story from last Saturday's Northeast Blogger Winter Social dinner, and just had to share.

So we're winding dinner down, and a few of us wanted to go play pool afterwards. I asked our waitress if she knew of any pool halls in the immediate area, and she stopped to think about it.
"Well, there's a couple, but they're in a rough section of town. I wouldn't want to send you guys there."
Yeah. To a table of gunbloggers. By sheer numbers any establishment we entered would automatically become the safest place in northern New England. I was good, though - I managed to avoid overtly laughing at our very nice and capable waitress. As soon as she walked away, I had to turn my head and laugh...

Well *I* thought it was funny!

That is all.

7 comments:

ZerCool said...

Right up there with the five or six open-carrying bloggers walking from Lidia's back to the parking garages...

*quick count*

There's at least fifty rounds of .45ACP here without a mag change! I think we're good to go.

JD said...

I don't think she knew probalby half the folks or more were carrying. . . hey, conceiled means conceiled right?

That is funny though, wish I hadn't missed it.

JD said...

the comment that is, the party was great!

Jay G said...

Y'know, something occurred to me reading this.

Even if she had given us the names of the places in the "rough" section of town, we'd have avoided them anyways.

Even though most of us were armed(some with more than one tool), we'd still avoid a place where we might conceivably run into trouble.

Imagine that. People with legally carried firearms *not* trying to play cowboys. It's almost like the Bradys are lying their asses off...

Anonymous said...

+1 on the avoid.

On the other hand, compared to my normal territory, KC's falls into the "avoid" category....

Farmee said...

I kinda wish you'd heave said that to her. Just to see if "table of gunbloggers" sounded as menacing to her as it does here on the blog. :P

Skip said...

You know, being a geezer helps in a way.
Apparently I musta flashed someone 'cause when I went to the front desk to pay the bill, the cashier asked me if I was a cop.

I replied "retired" and he smiled.
I am 'retired', but not as a leo.
Am I a bad person?