Sunday, January 8, 2012

No Darkness Here...

In response to Weerd's counter-protest, folks have been sending in pictures of their carry guns and candles and/or posting them on their blogs.

Here's a roundup of folks who won't be relying on candles:

Cher's contribution



Cher's other half Mopar has this:



Glock 23, Surefire, and Kershaw Leek. The little pump shotgun to the right represents the Mossberg 500 nearby, and also happens to be a lighter.


Jason in MN sends in his set-up:



Here are my two carry weapons. The first is a Glock 23, loaded with 13+1 rounds of Cor-Bon Pow'R Ball .40 S&W and two spare 15-round magazines carried in a Safariland magazine holster. The other is a recently acquired Ruger KLCR-357. I have a pocket holster for it, and have an OWB slide holster on order, but I am currently evaluating carry ammunition at the range prior to carrying it.


Dr. Feelgood adds this:



Here is my submission for the candle lighting event. My CZ P01 wears some newish wood grips, and it rides on my hip in a Crossbreed Supertuck with 15 rounds of 124 grain JHP 9mm ammunition. The deterrent effect suggests that it prevents a bit of violence just by being there. If pressed into service, it may even save lives. I doubt that the votive would be as useful, though it might make our GFW friends feel that they're close to ending violent crime. With a candle. That's lit.


Scott has multiple ways of lighting things up:



Jay, since you are talking about keeping safe in the dark, I figure we should have more than a candle. Here is a late addition to the “Light a Candle”program. My EDC M&P 9mm w/Streamlight TLr-1, 34 rounds of 124gr +P PDX1 carried in a Raven Concealment Phantom light compatible holster and mag carrier.


JFT has a nice pair:



Here is my submission for the candle-right vigil. Oleg I ain't, but it's what I can do with what I got.

9mm Walther PPS loaded with 124 gr Hornady XTP, carried in a Minotaur MTAC holster. S&W Bodyguard 380 loaded with 90 gr Hornday FTX, wrapped with a Hogue Handall Jr. to tame the little dog's bite, carried in a DeSantis Super Fly pocket holster.


Yancy is not afraid of the dark at all:



Bubblehead Les is well-heeled against that which goes bump in the night:



Here's the shot for the Light the Candle. I've already fed it to Brother Beard, but since you wanted to spread the Wealth, here's the breakdown. First, in one of Dennis' Dragonleatherworks Fuglys is my Police Turn Smith 4043 (in .40 S+W). That my EDC gun. The Baby Browning is my Uber Discrete/Pocket/Back Up gun. Yeah, yeah, I know its in .25ACP, but it beats a Sharp Stick. It's riding in an old Alessi Talon. The "Snubbie From Hell (Great Lakes Edition)" is my Dan Wesson .357 with the 2" barrel. It's home is a Galco Pro that I modified. It is the Gun I slide into the House Coat when I let the Dogs out at 3 in the Morning; or when it's Snowing Badly, it fits into my Parka. I can shoot it with Gloves on, something some of our Southern Friends don't have to worry about in the Winter.

Now for the Stabby Things. The smaller knife is a CRKT M-16 that I ground the serrations off (I hate those things! If I Need a saw, I'll use a Saw). It's my 3 Season Knife. But for Winter and Gloved Hands, I like my K-Bar Zilla. And the Cold Steel Sword Cane is for my Bad Knees, and those places that have "No Guns Allowed!", like the Tilt-N-Kilt. Hey, I DO have a Sharp Stick!


Chad has this against the dark:



Here's my candle and carry gun....the knife is a Kershaw Tremor, the gun obviously a glock 23.


And Rob's nice lookin' rig:


We also have links!

I'll have mine up shortly...

That is all.

11 comments:

JD said...

Got my post up
http://tekmagej.blogspot.com/2012/01/candle-to-prevent-violence.html

Bräuista said...

Do I get bonus points for artistry? What do I win. :)

Home on the Range said...

http://www.mausersandmuffins.blogspot.com/2012/01/light-candle-against-dark.html

Anonymous said...

Got mine up as well.

http://calmgun.com/2012/01/08/guns-candles-freedom/

Anonymous said...

Mine is here: https://yankeefried.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/candles-are-not-very-safe/text

daeth said...

And here is mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnsoax/6662713695/in/photostream

Dwight Brown said...

I posted over at Weer'd's place too, but just for the record, here's mine.

PT said...

My contributions

http://beltfedhell.blogspot.com/2012/01/light-candle.html

http://beltfedhell.blogspot.com/2012/01/light-candle-pt-2.html

.45ACP+P said...

http://ancientflatulence.blogspot.com/2012/01/better-than-brady-candle.html

Wally said...

My EDC set, to take care of myself and my loved ones :
http://www.weerdworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/WallyPic3.jpg

anieb said...

Its a really too informative to us, good perception of images and good description by which any one can get information what they want to this post.......
9mm ammo