Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bored, Bored, Bored...

Okay, so it's late Saturday night and I'm waiting for my shoulder to stop throbbing so I can go to sleep... Broke in the VEPR with Bruce this afternoon (thanks for hosting me, Bruce!), and all I can say is YEE HAA WHOOP WHOOP!!! Me likey .308 velly much... (No, I have no idea why I'm talking like Krusty the Klown in "Krusty Gets Kancelled", but that's how much I like this gun...) The scope and/or scope mount had some issues, so items #1 and 2 for this gun are to get a new, more solid scope mount and a new scope, preferably one with instructions in English (or at least in characters I can interpret...)

Anyhoo, while I wait for the codeine to kick in...

I have decided I need a theme song. Specifically, the blog needs a theme song. So I'm playin' around with "Stuck In Massachusetts with You" (to the tune of "Stuck in the Middle with You" by Stealer's Wheel, natch).
Well I don't know why I stay here in Mass,
Politicians talkin' out of their ass,
Gonna take away my guns and my choice,
A conservative in MA gots no voice,
Mumbles to the left of me,
No one to the right,
here I am,
Stuck in Massachusetts with you.

Okay, it's doggerel to be sure. And I'll prolly regret it in the morning... But what the hell...

4 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

IT's got a ring to it, Jay. Record it over a karaoke tape and YouTube it so we can all judge its worthiness as a theme song. ;)

Jay G said...

I think I speak for the entire free world, or at least those with functional auditory and visual apparatus, when I say that no good could come of that...

:)

Ambulance Driver said...

But, but, but...

it would give me good fodder for a post over at MY BLOG!

Geez, the selfishness of some people.

Bruce said...

What? No mention of your hard-to-find bolt-action SKS?