Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Deep, Cleansing Breaths...

Alternate title: AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

What in the name of all that's good and holy is wrong with people today? In no particular order:

*To the moron in the blue Ford Explorer: You are only alive because there are laws specifically prohibiting murder. When you blow through a stop sign, making me slam on my brakes so hard my coffee spills out of the travel mug onto my dashboard, don't be surprised when you get an angry honk and a flashing of the lights. If you continue to flip off people that you have cut off, eventually you will encounter someone with less restraint than myself. I only wish I am there to witness the beating you so rightfully deserve.

*To idiots who live on busy streets, especially state highways: Back into your fucking driveway. Barring that, do NOT back out PERFECTLY STRAIGHT into the street, blocking both lanes of traffic, and then STOP DEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING ROAD. Pull out quickly and get the fuck going. Knowledge is power, and knowing what the fuck you're doing is key to not getting a municipal dumptruck running over your hood...

*To the town I drive through that continues to remove more asphalt without replacing the miles and miles of demolished road: I can only hope that a rare infectious disease afflicts the private parts of the persons responsible. You have turned my 15 mile, 35 minute commute into an hour-long ordeal because of your gross incompetence and/or outright malfeasance. Fuck off and die.

That is all.

7 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Really Jay, tell us what you think. ;)

Signed book in the mail today, by the way.

Bruce said...

Yeah, stop holding back, man!

Jay G said...

AD,

That is the best news I've heard today...

Bruce,

If I didn't hold back, there's a blue Explorer that would have had a reddish brown smear as a driver this morning. By all rights I should have pulled that son of a bitch out of the driver's window and beaten him within an inch of his life.

But then I'd have been late for work, and I thrive on my punctuality, so...

Anonymous said...

While nearly every major road in the Chicago area is under construction during the summer months (April thru October) and this means 8 million people are pissed as hell because they are sitting in gridlock...

I have yet to see the type of "road work" I have seen in this state. This is the first place I've ever been where they tear up roads and you pretty much are traveling on dirt for several miles!!! WTF is that all about?

It's gross incompetence. I just saw that in Springfield last weekend where they're working on a road and bridge. I have a feeling it will be a good 3 or 4 years before it gets done... sheesh!

caillean said...

My husband and I like to joke that the CA highway shootings in the 90s were started by some Massholes moving out there and driving like,... well, Massholes. I cringe nearly daily on my own commute. (Gotta love rts 133 & 114.)

I enjoy reading your rants about crapy drivers, they often make me laugh. :)

Ride Fast said...

I too just love getting flipped off by the person who fugged up.

You should drink another cup or two of coffee before you commute, it will calm you down ;-)

Unknown said...

Jay, by chance do you mean the stretch of road down rte. 27 through Sudbury? I go the same way towards Boston and am also pretty fed up with it. Obviously a union job.

Adam