Friday, May 11, 2007

Hmmm... It *Is* Friday, So...

It must be gun pr0n...




Today's gun is a Smith & Wesson Model 10-4 .38 Special with 2" barrel. I've got somewhat of a snubbie niche going, with two j-frames, a Colt Detective Special, and a few other guns of the pocket or quasi-pocket variety. This is one of the larger versions thereof, and I am looking to get Model 10s with 3", 4" 6" and, if possible, 8 3/8" barrels. Kind of a Dan Wesson "Pistol Pac", only without the hassle of having to change barrels (just guns - kinda like Norm Abrams changes drills where most guys would change drill bits...)

Happy Friday!

UPDATE: I'm not the only one showcasing old S&W revolvers today. Nice .45, Tam.

5 comments:

Tam said...

It's a good day for S&W pr0n. :)

Jay G said...

Any day is a good day for S&W pr0n. :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I'd love to have one of those old snubbies. My better half has a 10-5 in her bedside table and loves taking it to the range.

One of these daze I'll join the 21st and get a digital camera. Then I'll be able to post gun pr0n too.

Anonymous said...

Hey schmiley--

You like the big clunker snubbie? I've got the 4" version for the "upstairs" gun, but never really got close to the snub. Too damn big.

The j-frame 36, OTOH, is just about perfek for a warm fuzzy balance of weight/performance. I KNOW you got wanna those?

Good balance in the hand, old time polished blue, tucked in close in a Hume JIT slide is just...uh oh...woodie.

If I can't get it done in 5, I should just give up anyway. ;-)

(PS- bugs are out- that means shootin' weather IS HERE)

Anonymous said...

I like the two inch Model-13 myself - if I have to have a large-frame Smith snub.