Monday, July 23, 2007

BFI...

...Stands for Bad Fuckin' Idea...

Connected in Your Car

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!
Automotive gadgets that will allow drivers, passengers and even
cars to be connected to the Internet like never before.
Am I the only person who thinks that this could quite possibly be the worst idea in the history of bad ideas?

Let me throw something out there: Vehicular deaths outpace firearms deaths by about four-fold. Many studies have shown that drivers who are distracted cause accidents, to the tune of over a quarter-million accidents every year.

And yet we now want to give people the internet in their cars? Excuse me, I have to go now, I have an appointment with the good people of International about my next family vehicle...

This truly puts the "madness" in the category heading. Expect MANY more rants if this trend continues...

1 comment:

BobG said...

I think it's a very bad idea; most people can't even safely talk on the phone while driving.