Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Gun Pr0n

Alternate title: Jay channels Flounder - "Oh, boy, is this GREAT!"

Sometimes, Baby Vulcan smiles on you and you find the right gun. More rare, however, is when you find the right gun at a price that makes you wonder if the seller knows what they have.

Without further ado, I present this week's firearm:


This is a Smith & Wesson Model 19-5 .357 Magnum. Xavier has a really good write-up of the Model 19 here, so I won't waste my fingers. Bought it from GOAL - Gun Owner's Action League (and folks, if you live in MA and support the Second Amendment, join GOAL. If you're a member, send in a donation. And make sure you make the Heritage Banquet in September).

They rated this gun as 80% finish. If this is true, then most of the guns I own, including some that I bought new, are 60% at best. Only the Model 17 is in as good a shape as this gun. I can't wait to see how it shoots - if it's anything like the 17 or the Model 10 I expect it will shoot MUCH better than I am capable of...

Here's another shot of the 19 in its native habitat:


I just HAD to make use of the extra police schwag I inherited from my grandfather... ;)

Oh, and as for the price... Let's just leave it that I paid half of a John Edwards haircut...

6 comments:

Jay G said...

I mentioned getting together tomorrow if you'd like to shoot it... ;)

Anonymous said...

Grrrrr! Hatehatehate! Can't ya feel it?!?

::grinz:: Just kidding, of course. It's only jealousy. Congrats on a great find! I'd love to have one but those that cross my path have always been a bit too pricey.

NotClauswitz said...

Oh dat's NICE! That's like the perfect revolver, IMO.

MauserMedic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MauserMedic said...

Beautiful revolver. The Model 19 was the first revolver of quality I owned, and was a real eye-opener on the shooting potential.

RW said...

Off topic: Our little buddy is now a right winger (well, when compared to the moonbat fringe, that is), apparently. At least that's what he's being called. Jay, you'll love this:

http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=8428#comments

Ignore the post, Cole is simply a Sullivan wannabe. Seriously, don't even read the post, it's something kos would be ashamed to type. Instead, read the comments. They're so hilarious that I want to roll around in them. Now, Cassidy is a pro-war Bushco tool!