Thursday, July 19, 2007

Urge To Kill... Rising... Rising...

Alternate title: Yes, I still hate people.

Let's see. There was apparently a fire sale on stupid this morning. Going in chronological order from the time I left the house...

*Dude. You are driving a fucking Kia. It's approximately the size of my childrens' wagon. There is no reason on G-d's Green Earth why you had to swing out of your 2.5 car-wide driveway into 3/4 of my travel lane. If you can't handle the awesome power of a Kia, might I suggest something more your speed, like a pack mule?

*To the developer who sent one of his front-end loaders down the winding back road at 5 MPH: I hope you meet up with a rabid pit bull with AIDS. The lobotomized goon driving that bucketloader has no business being out in public, let alone handling heavy machinery. Your blatant disregard for the public way did not go unnoticed.

And in that same vein,

*To the nice officer who waved me around the construction right into the path of the dumptruck: Yes, that jogger had nice tits that were bouncing all over the place. However, the Kenworth that almost flattened me because you were paying more attention to the boobs on the broad rather than the boobs on the road didn't seem to care. Thanks for the burst of adrenaline, Officer Ogle.

*And Mr. "Ultimate Driving Machine" BMW: Note: When there is no oncoming traffic, it is safe to make a left turn through the intersection. You don't have to wait for the people two counties over. You were literally one second away from being pushed.

*Ah, the soccer dad in his Escalade: The fact that you paid $15,000 extra for a Chevy Suburban with $5 worth of plastic Cadillac emblems does not give you the right to ignore traffic laws and good ol' common sense. You are not lord and sovereign of the road because you own a re-badged Yukon.

*What the holy fuck is going on with people and stop signs? Folks, look, it's fucking simple. The red signs with eight sides mean STOP. Not "blow through without any regard for oncoming traffic"; not "take your foot off the accelerator for a microsecond", but FUCKING STOP. Cease motion. Let velocity = 0. DO NOT FUCKING GO.

*To the pathetic dude in the 'Stang - brother... really... While I appreciate your bid to be the "ultimate mid-life crisis stereotype", with the gold chains and bad toupee in the bright red sports car convertible, when you're traveling 15 MPH below the speed limit you might as well be driving a 1985 Buick LeSabre with a Landau roof...

*Mr. Sportbike: I'm not certain if lane-splitting is legal in MA or not, but when it's less than one light cycle's worth of traffic at the light you just look like a monumental asshole. It's impatient jerkwads like you that make people hate motorcyclists, which leads to them actively trying to kill me on my bike.

*To the stupid motherfucker delivering the morning newspaper: Jackass, watch what the fuck you're doing. You pulled over, dropped off the multiple bags of papers, then whipped back into traffic without even looking. You very nearly caused a multiple car accident, and I would have GLADLY taken time off from work to show up as a witness at the court trial.

*Lastly... To the fucking asswipe who honked at me while I waited at the stop sign: Eat shit and die, you offspring of a syphillitic whore and an orangutan. What the flying fuck did you expect me to do? Blow through the stop sign into oncoming traffic? Fuck you. You are DAMN lucky I didn't throw the truck into reverse and smash into you, and then claim you rear-ended me. Fuckstick. Here's hoping you stall on the train tracks after you go around the gate.

Wow. I need to get to the range...

12 comments:

HollyB said...

Jay, if you [w/w/o your fam] ever come to TX, let me KNOW. We have got to go driving together. I don't cuss as creatively as you, but I do use sarcasm as effectively.
I'll drop the top and we'll just educate all the morons on the road, whadda ya say?

JD said...

JayG

All I can say is I think you may want to look into de-caf ; ) though I know it feels good to vent. Good post, just wish it didn’t sound so familiar to my daily drives . . ..

Being a MA driver I have come to expect this kind of thing. . . it seams most folks on the roads around hear are trying to kill you, me, and/or themselves all at the same time. I have seen accidents on rt 128 during rush hour that fold up the cars like a cardboard box. . . and I ask myself “how the hell did they get going that fast when I have been stuck in the same traffic doing 15 mph for the last 10 miles?” I guess that is what happens when our lovely government takes Darwin out of the equations. . . these folks last long enough to get a drivers license. . . .

Jay G said...

Holly,

Sounds like a plan. I'll swing in after my snipe-hunting expedition with Ambulance Driver. :)

jd,

The rant is what keeps me sane, actually. I was too busy taking notes on the morons this morning to get worked up about them. I look at this as therapy on the cheap - I can rant about the idiots without having to kill anyone... ;)

knitalot3 said...

Do you have 4-way stops and "round abouts" there?

Those are a whole new avenue of entertainment!

BobG said...

I'm getting seriously worried about your blood pressure, Jay...

Mark said...

Dude, your command of invective and language leaves me speechless :)

Jay G said...

knit,

We sure do. Four way stop - person with the shittier car goes first. "Roundabouts" are called "rotaries" here and follow the same rule as the four way stop.

I was hell on earth in my Caddy, man...

Bob,

Blood pressure? Hell, I was in a *good* mood today...

;)

Mark,

Thank'ee kind sir. You caught me on a day I was feeling good, too.

SpeakerTweaker said...

Muh.

Ther.

Fuck.

When you DO finally make it to TX, let me know. The first 50 rounds are on me. Hope you dig on 9mm. I'm fitna get my 3rd...

Oh, and YOU get to drive. Misery, high blood-pressure, fury of the Gods, they ALL love company. You can even drive my angry red car.



tweaker

Anonymous said...

The range is open & YOU need to lay off the espresso...

Anonymous said...

Jay,

Lane splitting IS illegal in MA... a fact that I was seriously regretting during my sentence in a SIXTY FUCKING MILE BACKUP trying to get home from the Cape a couple of weeks ago. Had I known that there were no cops anywhere in sight on that rainy Sunday night, I'd have split and let the cagers deal with it.

Alas... an R80RT with the saddlebags mounted isn't exactly a skinny little rice burner...

Jay G said...

tweaker,

Heh. That's the second invite I have to drive in TX. At my last job, we had a sister company in San Antonio, and if the drivers in SA are any indication of the rest of the Lone Star State, my linguistic skills would be sorely tested... :)

9mm is fine with me - I've only got one, but I can appreciate cheap centerfire ammo...

doubletrouble,

Believe me, I need to get to the open range. I've got a BUNCH of new toys I'm dying to try out...

Let's set something up before the summer ends.

Ross,

I *thought* lane splitting was illegal in MA, I was just too lazy to look it up. I had a feeling that anything that smacked of the slightest hint of freedom would be frowned upon.

And your R80RT is a lot skinnier than my FLHT... :)

When are we getting together for a ride? There's a run coming up next month for Lung Cancer that starts at the Cabaret in Peabody and ends in my town, look online for "Netta's Run". Give a holler if you're interested...

RW said...

Here's my addition to the list: "You're not Radar O'Reilly speaking into the churn-phone while serving in Korea. It's 2007, you don't kneed to scream into your phone! Just talk normally, as if that person was about 2 feet away...trust me, they can hear you. And if you're getting out of range, screaming into your phone so that they'll be able to hear you is akin to turning up your radio volume when you're no longer able to hear the signal...it's just a louder case of white noise on their end while I get to hear you scream. Stop!"

Don't get me started on the blue-tooth people talking loudly into their apparatus while shopping....