Tuesday, September 11, 2007

8:46 AM, 9/11/01

Nearly 3,000 people lost their lives six years ago today in the worst terrorist attack ever on American soil.

Let's remember them today, and every day. Let's not lose sight of the dangerous enemy we face, either.

I can't say any more right now. I am still too fucking angry.




Others who have much to say:

Linoge says it really well, though.

As does Raven and her co-bloggers.

Kevin has some pictures.

Countertop details his experience in the area of the Pentagon.

Kim has some excellent thoughts on how to handle things.

Kevin has a pictorial roundup of various radical Islamofascist terrorist acts.

Here's Buck's recollections of the day.

Jay Tea at Wizbang has a series of posts on the timeline. Start at the top and read down.

UPDATE:

Mark also has a series of posts, but has the names of those who lost their lives on 9/11/01.




I had been doing okay until I saw the name "Vicky Yancey". As Ricky mentions in comments, we participated in a political bulletin board with "Yancey" (her chosen handle; mine was Guy Montag after Ray Bradbury's erstwhile fireman in Farenheit 451; I'll not spill Ricky's handle). She was a left-leaning poster, and we never saw eye-to-eye on all things political. But she was the personification of class; I don't think I ever saw her resort to argumentum ad hominem or invoking Godwin's Law or otherwise inmpugn, malign, or badmouth anyone, no matter how big a knuckle-dragging troglodyte right wing neanderthal they might be.

And those bastards took her from us. They deprived a husband of his soulmate; they deprived two daughters of their mother; they extinguished a bright and shining star far too early. And this was only one of the thousands of lives lost; only one person out of thousands who fell victim to an ideology run amuck.

When I think of the murderous bastards who met in a nightclub where I used to take my wife dancing to plan this attack, I am filled with a white-hot, blinding, all-encompassing rage. I want them dead. Every last fucking one of them. I want their families dead. I want the countries that harbor them destroyed. I want the countries that provide funding for these men demolished, broken, and the heads of their leaders displayed on a pike outside the State Department.

3 comments:

RW said...

It was about this time 6 years ago that you, me, & Justin hit the chat room so that we could coordinate what we were hearing/seeing.

Still can't believe it. Still refuse to forget Vicky Yancey.

Jay G said...

A-freakin'-men, brother.

I can't believe it's been six years since Yancey was taken from us.

Hug the kids extra-tight tonight. I know I will...

dr mac said...

Sorry about your loss, Jay. Couldn't agree more with your solotion.