Friday, September 7, 2007

Like Father, Like Daughter...

Got a call from Mrs. G. yesterday afternoon. Apparently while waiting to pick our son up at the bus stop, our daughter was dancing in the front seat of the car (obviously it was not moving at the time) and managed to bang her head into the windshield.

She's fine.

The windshield looks like someone tried to hurl a bowling ball through it...

So, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree - my sweet little girl has inherited my hard head (insert your own joke here, I've made it nice and easy for ya...)

There's more, too - as I tucked her into bed last night, I joked about her being the "windshield slayer" (a la "Oscar the Shark Slayer" from Shark Tale). She gave me her "mad" face and told me to stop teasing her. Well, me being, well, me, I had to get one more in (something about thinking I had another 10 years before the kids started wrecking the car).

She head-butted me. Hard. My sweet innocent little girl reared back and butted heads with her old man. Literally.

I (almost) feel sorry for the first little bastard who tries to pressure her into doing something she doesn't want to do. Because he's going to be the laughingstock of the school when he has to tell everyone that he got his arm broken in three places by a girl...

I steadfastly maintain that she's not going to break hearts. She's going to break legs.

That is all.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

LOL...yep, that's the way mine is. Love that about her too. You're a lucky dad.

Jay G said...

I am, Babs, I am.

Her brother's no slouch, either. I've seen him step in when kids have tried to crowd her. He may torture her mercilessly, but G-d help the poor SOB that messes with her in his presence...