Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Gettin' Ink Done...

So, lately I've been thinking (never a good thing)...


There's a group buy over at Northeastshooters forum for ink from a friend-of-a-friend's tattoo parlor. I've been quasi-seriously been thinking of getting a tattoo - it's never been an issue up until now owing to several factors:
  • Couldn't think of anything I'd want on my body for the rest of my life

  • Mom's older brother got tats done in the Philipines when he was in the Navy in the early 1960s, and all that remains are three amorphous blue blobs.

  • Cost - never realized it, but tattooing done right is 'spensive, bubba.

Lately, though... I've been thinking... A couple of years ago I looked into getting a Gadsden flag done, but the cost and time were prohibitive. Ditto on a V-twin with my kids' names on the cylinders - while touching and cute, would be time-consuming, expensive, and might not come out like I've envisioned in my mind's eye...


But... Given that I'm a gunnie... Given that I don't see any chance of stopping being a gunnie...


I've been thinking of one of these on my upper left bicep:


Yep, that's the infamous Colt rampant pony. Of course, the Smith & Wesson logo would have to go on the other bicep...


Nothing's final, yet; heck, things are still in the planning stages. Might bring up the V-twin idea and see what kind of drawings we can come up with. But I think it'd be cool as shit to have a Colt pony tattoo - would be a neat little Rorschach test to see if someone's a gunnie or not...

That is all...

8 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Just get a little tramp stamp on your lower back, you sexy beast.

Or maybe a bicep tattoo for gunnies. Instead of "playah" it could say "shootah."

Or how about "Molon Labe" somewhere?

Jay G said...

I LIKE "Molon Labe"...

Hmmm...

(You bastard. Now I'm up to FIVE different tattoos I'd like to get...)

Anonymous said...

DON'T DO IT !!!!!
Then again, as a "Joo" I'm more than a bit biased against tat's.
My $0.02.

Jay G said...

Interestingly enough, the whole group buy thread was started by a tribe member...

dr mac said...

Of course in 5 years someone could comment on how pretty that unicorn is on your arm and ask if you are a fairy.

How's that for the rest of your life ?

Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm with dr mac (re: pony as unicorn after a few years).

"Molon Labe" on da one side, "Don't Tread on Me" on da udder...

Jay G said...

Hmmm. That is an exceptionally good point (and you're just agreeing with him b/c of the name, aren'tcha? *g*)

I could see in 10 years or so the boy asking me why I have a pony on my arm...

Now here's another thought: "Molon Labe" and/or "Dont Tread on Me" done as an "armband" type tattoo...

Maybe I'll stick with the V-twin for starters...

Or there's always the S&W logo...

Dedicated_Dad said...

Personally... No. But, that's me.

Your arm, your life.

That said, here's my logic:

I cannot think of any situation where NOT having ink is likely to cause me any problem.

I can think of many where HAVING it could cause me problems.

Ergo: No.

But again, that's MY skin, not yours.

DD