Monday, June 30, 2008

Why I'm Voting Against Obama, Part III...

...because I'm pretty sure he wants to make things like this illegal:







And maybe even this, too:





All those nasty, pointy and/or projectile-y things, in the hands of children no less! The horror! Won't someone please step in and save us from ourselves?

Okay, that's enough fun-poking... This was our past weekend at Lone Tree Scout Reservation. Took the family camping - in a tent no less - where the kids got to try their hand at the obstacle course, handicrafts, and canoe paddling as well as the archery and BB guns shown above (hey, I had to go with the martial aspects, didn't I?)

Everyone had a blast (pun intended), no one shot their eye out, and I was finally motivated to get off my duff and get my application in to the local gun range (which also has an archery range) so the boy can progress from BB guns to .22 rifles...

Life. Is. Good.

That is all.

10 comments:

doubletrouble said...

Hey!

If Ben Kingsley needs a stunt double, I think you're in...

BobG said...

More fathers should spend quality time with their children.

Ithink a good father is one of the best role models there is for a person, especially a boy, to have while growing up. It sets a standard and gives them a goal to aim for when they become a man. For a girl, it sets a standard for the type of guy she wants to associate with.
Just my opinion.

dr mac said...

Hey J.G.,

Have you seen those Crikett model .22's ? They are awfully cute and even come in pink !

breda said...

wait a second...is that you?

Jay G said...

DT,

{checking IMDB}

Hell, man, I'm not THAT old! Sheesh! :)

bobg,

Thanks. This is what it's all about. I try to remember that when they're driving me nuts... ;)

dr mac,

I'm pretty well set in the .22 department, but a pink Crickett would be pretty neat for my daughter...

breda,

Yep, that's me. Well, the tall one. Not the short man with the funny 'do...

Anonymous said...

Dood! When did you get so svelte? You are half the man that I knew!

breda said...

hawt.

Anonymous said...

KICK. ASS.

RW said...

Dude, check this collection out...scroll down.

Oh, my.

Isn't that how you picture heaven? :)

Firehand said...

That's what got me started in actually paying attention to the political crap: was at the range with my dad and it hit me that, if some of these people got their way, I'd never get to do that again.