Thursday, July 10, 2008

100K...

Looks like sometime late tonight or early tomorrow morning I'm going to hit 100K visits. This is, quite frankly, amazing - people have visited my blog on 100,000 occasions. I can't tell if it's the gun pr0n, the road rage rants, the biting political insight (hey, booger jokes count, right?), or the heartwarming tales of family life in the aughts. In any case, I am humbled that my insane rantings are worth your time.

I've put up over 700 posts in the past 16 months. Added countless blogs to my blogroll. Made tons of friends. The ROI is huge, to borrow a term from RL. And, to borrow a (trademarked) phrase from some guys who went to my alma mater, life is good.

To whoever makes the 100,000th visit: Thank you. And that goes for whoever makes the 99,999th visit, the 100,001st visit, the... Well, you get the idea.

If we can ID the 100,000th visitor, they can choose a post of their choice (within reason, I'm not gonna give out my full name or post nekkid pics of myself - stop shuddering...) and I'll see what I can do to accomodate.

That is all.

UPDATE:

Here's # 100,000 (Could it be Breda?):


Domain Name: sbcglobal.net

? (Network) IP Address: [REDACTED] (SBC Internet Services)

ISP: SBC Internet Services

Location:

Continent: North America
Country:
United States
State: Ohio
City: Cleveland
Lat/Long: 41.4789, -81.6473
(Map)

Language: English (U.S.)en-us

Operating System: Microsoft WinXP

Browser: Firefox Mozilla/5.0
(Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.15) Gecko/20080623
Firefox/2.0.0.15
Javascript: version 1.5
Monitor Resolution: 1024 x 768
Color Depth: 32 bits

Time of Visit: Jul 11 2008 8:37:17 am

Last Page View: Jul 11 2008 8:37:32 am

Visit Length: 15 seconds

Page Views: 2

Referring URL: http://thebredafallacy.blogspot.com/

Visit Entry Page: http://stuckinmassac...usetts.blogspot.com/

Visit Exit Page: http://stuckinmassac...usetts.blogspot.com/

Out Click:

Time Zone:
UTC-5:00

Visitor's Time: Jul 11 2008 8:37:17 am

Visit Number: 100,000

8 comments:

breda said...

Congratulations! You do have a terrific blog =)

BobG said...

Very cool. I've been reading your stuff since you were posting at Toys in the Attic.

Bruce said...

Good job. I was right there about three years ago (7/5/05), after just about 16 months of this blogging shit, as well.

Borepatch said...

Congrats. I say that as someone who has about 100 hits. ;-)

Anonymous said...

The gun Pr0n is good, and the political insight is usually right on, but the road-rage rants...

Those are exquisite.

doubletrouble said...

Congrats OFFICIALLY now in order.

I just checked- looks like it might be Breda!

Later...

JD said...

Way to go!!!
Congrats

Mike W. said...

Congrats on hitting 100K Jay!