Thursday, August 28, 2008

How 'Bout a Nice Big Glass of STFU?

Dukakis: It's all my fault

Wow. Talk about concentrated stupid:

Certainly you remember the governor of Massachusetts who left the Democratic National Convention in 1988 with his party's presidential nomination and a double-digit lead over the soon-to-be Republican nominee George H.W. Bush. And you remember what happened next: The attack of the Republican meat-grinder. At least that's the way Dukakis remembers it.
Yeah. That's it. It was the "Republican attack machine" that did in Michael Dukakis. It had nothing to do with the fact that Dukakis did such an abysmally bad job in Massachusetts that he handed the governor's mansion to the Republicans - in Massafuckingchusetts - for some 16 years.

Ask anyone who lived through it about Dukakis' "Massachusetts Miracle" - the running joke was that it was a miracle there still was a Massachusetts. Or, during his failed presidential run, that we were joking that if he won, they'd have to rename the state Machusetts.

Because we'd have sent the "ass" to Washington...

Or, how about four words: Riding. In. The. Tank. A buddy of mine put it perfectly: He looked liks Snoopy.


I loved this line:

Look, I owe the American people an apology. If I'd beaten the old man, you'd never have heard of the kid and we wouldn't be in this mess. So it's all my fault, and I feel that very, very strongly.
Yeah, and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Take your "apology" and shove it up your ass, sideways. Fuckwad. You came real fucking close with 111 electoral votes, didn't you? Last Democrat to lose California, weren't you?

Crawl back into your fucking hole, Mike.

That is all.

4 comments:

RW said...

If you ever have a feeling of embarrassment over the nominees from your state (Dukakis, Kerry), remember......I have Jimmuh Cahtah.

Jay G said...

At least the nominees from my state had the good sense to run horrendously bad campaigns and lose...

;)

Anonymous said...

Ya gotta love ol' Du-Cockeyed.
Attack machine my ass, he was a pathetic candidate. The Dems deserved to lose that election and no amount of whining can change it.
(and for the record, I hated GHW Bush before he was VICE president...CIA asshole)

The Farmer said...

"Republican attack machine" that's awesome. It was Al Gore who dug up Willie Horton as I recall. The shitslinger behind Biden's plaguerism crash in '88 was a long time Dukakoid named John Sasso. Kerry brought him on in '04, but too late.

My dad used to tell a story from his youth about how he and his friends used to beat up Dukaka and his brother when they were caddies at a golf club in Brookline, MA. Apparently the Duke and his brother were ass kissing weasels from the day they were born.