Thursday, September 4, 2008

Why Am I Not Live-Blogging McCain's Nomination?

...because I just don't fuckin' care...

That is all.

EDIT: I lied. Sue me.

McCain just stuffed that asshole into a hurt locker. And nicely, at that...


sci-fi just e-mailed me - I'm listening to the speeches, not watching - this was apparently the fourth protestor to interrupt McCain.

Riddle me this, Batman: How many times was Barack Obama interrupted?


I'm sorry. McCain's making good points, but the fucking booing is as scripted as "professional" wrestling, for G-d's sake...


Wow. School choice. Gee, this is only the, what, 5th or 6th Republican Presidential candidate to promise us choice. Pardon me if I don't hold my breath...


More nuke plants. Yeah. Right after we toss a rope around the moon and move it closer for better hydroelectric power via higher tides...


"Rejecting good ideas because we didn't think of them first." That was a great line, Senator McCain.


If he breaks out in a chorus of "Proud to be an American" I'm gonna hurl...


And Jimmy Carter can kiss my hairy, sweaty, Italian ass. John McCain has earned every fucking right to talk about his time as a POW.

Anyone who says otherwise can fuck off and die.


{chortle} Be a Scout leader. It's only an hour a week... *g*


Charlie freakin' Daniels. I LOVE IT!!!


And now, honest, that is all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you care? Because the closest conservatives have to a candidate this year is our VP, and her speech was last night.

Side note: who's running security here? Frickin' K-Mart Cops? Four screaming loons in about 5 mins? This is ridiculous. Local security unions must have a deal with Obama to let the nuts in.

Side note II: Palin's teleprompter problems last night? I question the timing! Conspiracy! Where's Rosie and her cockamamie shrieking now?

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Political "acceptance speeches" should not contain guaranteed "BOOOO!" lines. Dopey.

Jay G said...

"Why don't you care? Because the closest conservatives have to a candidate this year is our VP, and her speech was last night."

The man knows me...

Anonymous said...

> "The man knows me..."
^^^^^^^^^
And proudly so.

McCain's speech is "typical McCain speech" -- nice, hits the key points, but nothing to marvel at. So far, a letdown from The Cuda last night. (Or was that "The Cougar"? Rrrrr!)

Anonymous said...

"Maverick/Cougar '08: I'd hit it"

Off to the t-shirt shop...

Anonymous said...

HEART SINGING "BARRACUDA" -- AWESOME!

Borepatch said...

He has flashes where he has the music, but the words aren't quite in sync. His best moments re when he's being bad-ass.

If he has a dang clue, he'll run against Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.

Like Mark Twain said, "Judas Iscariot was nothing but a low-down, premature congressman."

Can we flip the ticket?

Borepatch said...

Not counting, but he must have used the word *I* 20 times more often than she did.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even bother to listen. I concluded after last summer's shamnesty attempt that McCain would be a train wreck as president. Nothing he says will change that, therefore there's no reason to listen to him. The only way he could change that opinion is if he publicly and permanently repudiates both shamnesty and McCain-Feingold.