Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ugh...

The Cub Scout Halloween Party is tonight. We have to transform the church where we hold our Pack Meetings into a frightening (but not too frightening) underworld capable of scaring the tar out of the Cub Scouts.

Plus arrange snacks.

My role is Igor, the tour guide through the hellish nightmare of a half-dozen 9 year olds in $10 Target "Scream" masks and referee between the scarers and the scarees. I throw myself into the role, using a mix of Ren Hoek, Marty Feldman's Igor ("that's... EYE-gor"), and Gollum. I guide the different groups of Scouts through the Hallway, leading them to each station and providing a lead-in for the adult volunteers working each station.

It involves two solid hours of me limping my way around the church basement (I am a hunchback, after all), contorting my voice, and trying to act as a referee while staying in character (or at least attempting to).

And I woke up this morning feeling like death warmed over.

Crap. It's going to take a lot of Dayquil to get through this...

That is all.

5 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Sounds like fun. Hope you're over the hump soon and feeling better (oh. . that is SO bad)

Jay G said...

How did I know I'd get sick?

Oh, I had a hunch...

{rim shot}

Anonymous said...

Igor, where did you get me that brain?

It came from Abby Someone.

Abby . . . . Who?

Abby Norman? Something like that.

Igor, by chance did the brain come from Abby NORMAL?

YES . . . that's it. Abby Normal.

{shaking Igor by the neck}
YOU GOT ME AN ABNORMAL BRAIN ???!!!!

Christine G. said...

ha ha ha. i like brigid's joke about your hump, igor!

last year was so so so much fun, i hope that you have a successful party tonight. in fact, you're probably there now.

I am DST from working on Jason's Eagle project. i have blisters on parts of my body that should never blister, and there are muscles under my fat that are going "ouch!" right now. We worked hard and the project is AMAZING... i'm so happy to have Jason as part of our troop.

And maybe someday, darling, if Geoff is working on an Eagle project you and your boy will be supporting us in the efforts.

:-)

have a great night, good luck with your cold. At least your voice will sound sick and twisted, just like Igor should.

Jay G said...

I made it out alive.

Barely.

Next year, I'm getting a cattle prod...