Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Gun Pr0n #85

Last week's gun pr0n focused on the long guns that Barack Obama would like to see banned. This week we're featuring another group of firearms that President-Elect Obama would like to see go softly into the night, concealed carry handguns (I kinda meshed two groups together; I know Barack wants to ban concealed carry at the Federal level *and* ban all handguns; if I tried to take a picture of all my handguns I'd need a wide-angle lens. Or I'd need to take it from the second floor...).



So here are my different carry rigs, presented in all their glory. No, I don't carry more than one at a time. Well, okay, sometimes two at a time. But never three, that would be silly... Oh, wait, I didn't show the NAA mini-.22lr...


Let's see... Starting clockwise from top left:

Smith & Wesson SW99c 9mm, shown with Crossbreed "Supertuck" IWB holster.

Glock G30 .45 ACP, with "Elite" nylon IWB holster (originally purchased for SW99c).

Smith & Wesson model 38 .38 Special, with Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

Kel-Tec P3AT 380 ACP, with Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

Smith & Wesson model 360PD .357 Magnum, with Bianchi Pistol Pocket holster (courtesy of TOTWTYTR, thanks again!).



There's about $3,000 worth of firearms and gear in that picture. All of it becomes worthless without legal concealed carry. What about training? Courses cost money - all of that goes "poof" if Barry waves his magic EO pen and makes CCW illegal (And yes, I'm well aware of the argument that there's no legal way for him to do such a thing; I refer the reader to the laws against accepting money from illegal aliens and the Obama campaign's willingness to do so as Exhibit A in the case against Obama giving a rat's ass about legality...).

Just something to think about on this cold November day...

That is all.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Looking at your 12 oz. .357 Magnum still makes me twitch. Far and away, the most painful firearm to fire, it makes my .454 Casull look like a pansy.

Even the bolt-action fifty was more comfortable.

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
There's a reason Jay calls the 360 The Snubbie From Hell (tm). And I agree with you . . that damned thing is PAINFUL to fire. I also refer you to "xavierthoughts.blogspot.com" for is pic of a destroyed featherweight. Seems the cause was some sort of bad handload. Luckily the loader/shooter didn't get hurt.

Jay, as for the Executive order, you can lay blame to Paul "Stroke of the pen, law of the land" Begala. FWIW, all EO's get recorded into the Federal Register. At least there's a public forum for keeping track of the crap promulgated from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Jay G said...

andrew,

Bruce was just talking about that one, too... Heh.

I've shot the S&W 500 Magnum, and it was less painful than the Snubbie From Hell™ with the 125 grain Remington JSP hunting rounds...

brad,

I can guarantee you that Airweight was not a problem with the gun - there's just no way the cylinder *AND* the topstrap (which, remember, are two different metals) let go at the same time...

And yes, I am well aware of Paul Begala's proclamation. Given Obama's recent tendency to chose former Clintonites in his administration (including the suggestion of her filthiness herself as Sec State - W.T.F.??????), I'm guessing Barry won't waste any time banning CCW, "assault rifles", and possibly all handguns...