Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pleasant Surprise...

So a gun nut walks into a gun shop... (okay, had to go with the pseudo-joke opening, it seemed fitting). I went to a local gun shop to meet Bruce for a transaction (see this coming Friday's Gun pr0n). It's one of the closer shops to me, over the line in NH which is really a good thing, as I wasn't (too) tempted by the goodies therein. I'm waiting until next month to really get into the panic buying mode...

I walked inside and was greeted by an old friend. William*, who worked at the local public range for as long as I've gone there, was now working at the local shop. Long story short, the public range was going through some tough times, with the owner at odds with some of the long time employees. Bad scene all around, and William chose to take the opportunity to move onto bigger and better things.

Which really works out well for me, because ever since I joined the gun club I (obviously) haven't been to the public range. No sense dropping $25 a range session for a range 20 miles away when for $100 a year I can shoot at the club only 4 miles away, right?

So now I get to chat with William any time I need ammo or reloading supplies. Life's funny that way. A door closes, a window opens, insert your cliché of choice here. Bottom line is I still get to jaw and bitch about politics (and there's a LOT of bitching being done in the gun shops) with one of my favorite merchants of death gun dealers.

As a side note, SINGLE STACK WASR-10s are selling for $499??? Holy crap... I think I need to step up the acquisition pace here before they're over a grand...

That is all.

*Name changed to protect the innocent...

No comments: