Monday, December 1, 2008

Northeast Blogger Winter Gathering Update, Part II

I think things are starting to come together here, folks. We've got a time and date worked out and the location is narrowed to two choices. We've got a pretty decent guest list assembled, some two dozen people or so, give or take, and I'm expecting it to be a crackin' good time.

Without further ado, onto the specifics!



Date: Saturday, December 27th 2008.

Time: 5:00 PM until they throw us out.

Location: I have reserved (as in, given them my name and phone number) the "Brew Section" at Martha's Exchange in Nashua, NH starting at 5:00 PM. I have also reserved the back room at Murphy's Taproom in Manchester, NH, which we can have to ourselves from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM (at which point they open to the public for showing the UFC fight).

Both venues are free, provided we drink a lot of beer and eat a lot of food. I think we can accomplish both goals. Also, for those coming from a distance, or those wishing to sample many of the fine brews, both locations are close to hotels should people chose to stay over. I don't drink (except for nights the Republic takes it in the shorts), so I'll even offer to shuttle folks from the location to a nearby hotel if needed...

Attendees:
JD
doubletrouble
Liberty
Marko
MedicMatthew
wally
the saj (dependent on location)
scotaku
Lissa
Bruce
Paul (dependent on time)
weer'd beard
Elizabeth
Bill
TOTWTYTR
wolfwalker
zeeke42
MeatAxe
andrew (dependent on time)

Possible:
Ted
brad_in_ma
thefaz
sci-fi



So, we need to make a final decision on location, and then it's just a matter of bringing your appetite for good food, good beer, and good company. There's still plenty of room for anybody who'd like to come that hasn't spoken up yet; this event is wide open and there's no practical limit on the attendees list. Just let me know, either in comments here or updates, or shoot me an e-mail.

We can make this happen...

That is all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can move me to the "Possible" pile, Jay. Either one of those is a heck of a long drive and considering current health issues I'm a 50/50 attendee, unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

Jay,

Also count me in for 50/50 . . . actually more like 20/80. Scheduling will most likely get in the way. Being a regular customer of Martha's, you can do a whole lot worse. One more thing . . . be sure to ask for Victoria as a server. She's great.

Regrets,

Brad

TOTWTYTR said...

I vote for Martha's. Either way I expect to attend.

blogger said...

Jay, we'll definitely be in Phoenix on the 27th. But have fun!

Lissa said...

I think I vote for Nashua; I've got some folks living in Manchester that I'd just as soon not bump into . . .

scotaku said...

Sounds to me like Martha's is the winner, so that's the horse I'll back.





That's how the system works, right?

Anonymous said...

Either works for us, but Martha's is only about 15min away, so I'd prefer it. ;)

This will be fun, can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Barring injury, illness, or chaotic whim of my children, I'm in.

(Rate that as 99-1 likelihood.)

MedicMatthew said...

I'm in for either location.

JD said...

I am for Nashua as I know how to get there and I think it is closer. . . . I should be there as long as the wife does not have to work (or I can find a sitter. . .)