Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Art of the Draw...

After seeing Carteach0's excellent series on the home defense shotgun, I decided to try my hand at amateur video (no, not that kind, TD, sheesh...):




Drawing a S&W j-frame from a pocket holster.

(And yes, the video was taken yesterday, on Pink Shirt Day).

Not too shabby for my first attempt (the speedloader videos were significantly easier as I could look directly at the camera screen!) at self-videoing. There were a couple of things I didn't point out in the video, like covering the back of the hammer with my thumb so it didn't get caught on anything during the draw, but I think I got the major points covered.

(And if you look really hard, you can see my pile 'o' Heinlein - and 300 - as my "reading material"...)

That is all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind me not to rob you.

Jay G said...

Heh. That was only the second take, too...

Arthur said...

What pants are you wearing?

I'm carrying a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster in a pair of Levis 560's.

When practicing my draw the problem I have is not getting the gun out of my pocket, but getting my hand into my pocket in the first place.

AntiCitizenOne said...

Arthur:

if you're being held up, throw your "Ferrari" keys to the bad guy, then dig into your other pocket for your "wallet"

"hold on let me get it out..."

out comes a Walther PPS to give them a severe case of lead poisoning.