Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Connections

I found an old high school buddy of mine through Facebook yesterday. Through the wonders of Al Gore's intarwebz, I managed to get back in touch with a friend I haven't seen for over 20 years now. We went to high school together, then, as with many friends, went to different colleges and onto different lives.

Come to find out, he is now:
  • Living in my wife's hometown (where several good friends currently live, also high school chums);
  • Working in the building next to mine; and
  • A gun nut who posts on the same forum.
He also drives a black truck, rides a motorcycle, and has gone bald, too.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.

That is all.

7 comments:

JD said...

No fair cloning yourself to pump up the friends count on facebook!

Anonymous said...

Cue the Disney music . . .

It's a small world, after all . . .


On a different note, I got my final ortho report today. Check you mail.

- Brad

Borepatch said...

Jay, we've all gone bald.

Or buzzed. Me, it makes me look kinda-JayG-without-having-to-you-know-work-out.

;-)

Old NFO said...

Sounds like Evil Twin Brother time...LOL

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's stalking you and trying to become you so he can take over your life...hmmmm....

Jay G said...

JD,

Heh. Were I to get involved in human cloning, I'd be far more interested in, oh, Salma Hayek, yannowhatahmsayin'?

Brad,

The "small world" comment is actually a Stephen Wright gag. E-mail checked; will try to reply ASAP.

Ted,

Heh. After a while, I realized that there wasn't any hair growing back. I figured I could go for one of three looks:

1. Keep the hair short, and look like an accountant (sorry Unc);
2. Let it grow long a la the Jordan's furniture guys; or
3. Shave it off for the biker mojo.

Believe it or not (and those of you with shorn pates know this already), the shaved head is a pain in the ass to maintain. I shave every single day with an electric razor; if I use a straight edge I can go every other day but usually cut myself...

If I didn't like the way it looked so much I'd let it grow out a bit...

Old NFO,

Well, considering that this is a buddy that I used to commit minor acts of mayhem with, it's rather fitting... ;)

OrangeNeckInNY,

Trust me on this one, after the month I've had, if he wants my life he's welcome to it...

(Well, except the kids of course...)

JD said...

Jay if you are friends with Salma they you have to talk her into going to the next blogger meet. . .

; )