Monday, March 23, 2009

Range Day! Party Time! Excellent!

Had a fantastic time at the range today at the Northeast Blogger (and AD) Early Spring Shoot. I'll have a more comprehensive post for tomorrow morning, replete with pictures and video, but wanted to get down a few quick thoughts right away.

First off, a giant THANK YOU! to Liz and Bill for hosting us at Harvard. We had the run of the pistol and rifle ranges, and made excellent use of both.

The Snubbie from Hell™ was a big hit, even if some folks present (*cough* AD *cough*) only had the temerity to shoot one cylinder's worth of .357 Magnum from it. Look, just because it bit me (and drew blood).

The Bushmaster was also a BIG hit, especially with the lovely Mrs. Borepatch who graced us with her presence (Yes, she actually does exist, and she is every bit as lovely and charming as Sarah Palin).

I need to get a snub-nosed .22LR. SRSLY. Hitting a 6" steel plate at 25 yards with a snubbie 5 out of 6 times is almost more fun than should be allowed by law...

And before any vicious rumors start, I *can* hit what I'm shooting at. Sometimes. Look to AD's for his new hit catch phrase that I helped spawn. Someday I hope to live it down. If he couldn't shoot so damn well, I'd really give him shit...

I'll post more tomorrow. Right now I have guns to clean, a cut to re-bandage, and what's left of my ammo stash to put away.

Oh, and yes, there was a childhood toy and a bayonet. And video...

That is all.

5 comments:

scotaku said...

Thank you, Jay. I wasn't kidding about needing a team of plastic surgeons to get the smile off my face. It was chilly, but in the end, that really didn't matter. Thanks for your (and all the others') generosity and hospitality. Now to get Herself more involved...

Borepatch said...

You made the Mrs. laugh out loud.

Thanks for putting this together. It was indeed an excellent time.

Anonymous said...

Childhood toy and a bayonet!?

*le sigh*

Anonymous said...

9:56 AM - a voice comes from my hip "Goblins?"

10:01 AM - louder, more forceful "GOBLINS!"

10:02 AM - I excuse myself from the meeting and explain to my hip : "Yes there are goblins, but others are shooting them, and probably charing them with bayonettes. We don't need to worry about those goblins."

10:03 - "So we stop at the range on the way home, maybe check for leftover goblins?"

Sigh, what can I do. The gun wants to shoot, who am I to say no! Even though we couldn't make it to join the group today, we still ran a few magazines. I used pre-ban mags, showing solidarity for those poor buggers south of the wire :-)


PS : sorry y'all had lousy steaks last night. Jay said it best - "That IS quite a tasty buger"

Old NFO said...

Glad y'all had fun at the range too!