Wednesday, March 4, 2009

YHGTBSM, Part II

Britain to give Teddy Kennedy honorary knighthood
LONDON (AP) — He won't be allowed to call himself Sir Ted, but Britain is awarding an honorary knighthood to U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy.

The government says the senator is being recognized for services to U.S.-U.K. relations and to Northern Ireland. Prime Minister Gordon Brown's office says Brown will announce the honor Wednesday, when he addresses a joint session of Congress in Washington.

[jaw drops]

Dame Mary Jo Kopechne was unavailable for comment, as she was continuing her forced role as lady of the lake...

{set poor taste mode=off}

That is all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is just WRONG, brother.

But I laughed.

Hard.

dr mac said...

Is it not dangerous to give a drunk a sword ?

Anonymous said...

Maybe the fat, mudering bas**** will trip on his way to the bathroom and impale himself. We can always hope, can't we?

Anonymous said...

I had thought that those who received titles from foreign nations weren't elligible for public office. But I'll be damned if I can find that anywhere.

phlegmfatale said...

You're fucking shitting me, right?

*gacK!*

BobG said...

Well, I'm sure everyone has heard the old English saying that someone was "Drunk as a lord". I guess that includes knights as well.

Anonymous said...

Article 1 Sec 9 says that he cannot be knighted without the consent of the congress...

I wonder when that vote will be happening?