Sunday, April 24, 2011

He Is Risen

Matthew 28:1-10
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me." (NIV)


Today we celebrate His Resurrection. Rejoice.

That is all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Jay

Borepatch said...

He is risen, indeed.

Andrew said...

Alleluia!

agg79 said...

Amen!

Brad_in_MA said...

Happy Easter, Bro.

Hunter said...

Alleluia, alleluia, thanks be to God.

RW said...

1 Corinthians 15

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.


9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

-------------------
500+ people saw someone who was killed 3 days earlier. Yes, he is risen.

Anonymous said...

Damn the lag, 3 days to respawn!

Old NFO said...

Amen! Thanks for posting this!

minimedic said...

Anon @ 10:28 AM on 4/24: I just died laughing...

Loved the post, Jay!