Monday, April 6, 2009

A Night Out

Friday night was the Father/Daughter Dance for BabyGirl G.'s Girl Scout troop. This dance is, next to the annual cookie sale, the big event of the year. The troop leaders go all out, turning the elementary school cafetorium into a dance club worthy of Tony Manero. BabyGirl G. has talked of nothing else for about two weeks straight.

And, to tell the truth, I was looking forward to it m'self...

Here's your humble scribe and his beautiful date:

Daddy & his little girl



Here's BabyGirl G. dancing with her peeps:

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun



Can you guess what dance song is playing?

It's Fun To Stay At The...



Lastly, the happy couple at the end of the evening:

She's Really Light on [My] Feet



The night could not have gone better. We walked through the door, and Mrs. G. asked "How did it go?". BabyGirl G. responded without hesitation:

"It was AWESOME!"

I may need plastic surgery to get the smile of my face.

That is all.

13 comments:

MedicMatthew said...

Aww, very cool!

Old NFO said...

Great! Glad y'all had fun!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful memories. Good dad

David said...

That's about the sweetest thing ever, right there.

breda said...

You're an awesome daddy! (and I think I just died from cuteness overload.)

Jay G said...

Thanks everyone!

It was a GREAT time. BabyGirl G. behaved like a perfect young lady; we got in a few special "daddy/daughter" dances in amongst the various & sundry other dances; and yes, there was "The Macarena"...

And yeah, it is a sweet/cute overload, isn't it? Should put a warning for the diabetics... ;)

pdb said...

OMFG

If that was any cuter, I'd be shooting up some insulin right now.

Elizabeth said...

Adorable!

Epijunky said...

Soooo Cute.

Sounds like everyone had a fantastic time!

Your daughter will never forget it :) Something tells me you wont either!

Bill said...

She's gorgeous! I forgot how much she takes after your lovely wife. (Thanks be to God). :P

TOTWTYTR said...

Bill stole my comments, almost word for word. Baby Girl G is totally gorgeous.

My friend Steve has a T shirt that says, "Guns don't kill people, pissed off fathers do."

You should buy one now, you'll need it in a few years.

Jay G said...

You mean a shirt like this?

Strings said...

Jay... bro... before you do another one of those, we have GOT to get you a decent set of clothes. One that actually, you know, fits... :P

Of course, you could REALLY go all out (I'd be willing to loan you a kilt, if my size would fit)... >:)