Friday, May 1, 2009

YMBAGNI* Two-fer!

In less than 12 hours, I've had not one but two "*You Might Be A Gun Nut If" moments:
  • Last night at The Boy's baseball practice, my phone rings. It's Dad G., in a panic because he's shooting his LEOSA quals today and he has a grand total of 2 rounds of .380ACP (he's a [retired] cop. What do they know about keeping private supplies of ammo?) Needless to say, I know when he says "My .380" that he means his blued SigSauer P232 with three 6 round magazines...

  • This morning, Dad G. passes us at the bus stop. He tosses out an invitation to come to the range - "Hey, that poison ivy looks bad. You ought to call in sick and come shooting with us!" Yeah, you might be a gun nut if you've ever called in sick to hit the range (BTDT...)

'Course, now I need to go buy some more .380ACP ammo on Dad (he's gonna plotz when he finds out how expensive it is now) and prepare to clean his 9mm S&W and the Sig (which means I get to shoot 'em first!)...

That is all.

6 comments:

Wally said...

Jay,
There has never been a reason to reload greater than the current 380 situation. I load speer bullets in 380 for about $15/100. That could probably be $6-7/100 with generic lead bullets.
I have an extra single stage press that I'd donate to your cause... Mostly out of sympathy for being stuck in PRM :-)

Brad_TheJew_in_MA said...

Jay,

I'm kvelling over your oh-so-correct usage of 'plotz'. Well done sir, well done.

Brad_TheJew_in_MA

Jay G said...

Wally,

I'd be more than happy to take any unwanted presses off your hands... :)

It's almost time for me to start reloading, actually. The kids are starting to get to the point where I might be able to get some time in.

I've been hoarding brass like a miser for the past year or so, so I'm in decent shape there. Just need to order up some primers, powder, and bullets.

One of the things that's most appealing to me about reloading is that my gun club has the "lead wadcutter only" indoor range - it'd be nice to be able to roll my own LSWCs for winter practice...

Brad,

Believe it or not, I learned that from "The Simpsons"...

:)

Brad_in_MA said...

Believe it or not, I learned that from "The Simpsons"...{shakes head in total disbelief}

Wally said...

I'll start assembling a goodie bag...

Wally said...

And if you ever accidentally set off a primer in the basement, when Mrs G asks what that noise was, you'll have to respond "It must have uh been that bean that I had last night. POW KABLOOEY BLAMMO."