Monday, July 13, 2009

Not What I Thought

Patrick accuses zoo officials of scare tactics

Governor Deval Patrick yesterday accused Zoo New England officials of creating a false and inflammatory scare with their warning that state budget cuts may force them to close two Greater Boston zoos and euthanize some animals.

“As a supporter of the zoo and a parent who has visited often, the governor is disappointed to learn that Zoo New England has responded to this difficult but unavoidable budget cut by spreading inaccurate and incendiary information,’’ Kyle Sullivan, a spokesman for the governor, said in a statement.

For the record, I agree with Governor Cadillac. Claiming that budget cuts will result in having to kill animals is beyond the pale, even by Boston standards (Boston proud motto: Come enjoy our mobster-shaped speed bumps!). Then again, I was pretty bummed to find out that's what the scare tactic actually was - I was hoping the zoo was threatening to release the animals in downtown Boston...

I mean, honestly, the thought of lions and tigers (and bears, oh my) running through Beacon Hill just kicks over my giggle box...

That is all.

1 comment:

Borepatch said...

He's just mad at them because they're trying to muscle in on *his* territory - only he is supposed to be able to scare the populace into higher taxes ...