Saturday, August 29, 2009

Gunman On the Loose...

Reports indicate that the gunman entered a grocery store, completed his shopping, then returned without incident. He was then rumored to have entered several other stores under the guise of "back to school" shopping, then continued on to a restaurant.

Despite the fearsome weaponry - a high-capacity assault pistol bullet hose - no injuries were reported.

(I did have a moment of terror, though. At some point in the running of errands I must have hit the magazine release on my G30, because as I was entering Staples I could feel the magazine rattling itself loose. I did manage to catch it before it fell out, though. Crisis averted. Good dog.)

That is all.

6 comments:

dr mac said...

I sure would hate to get "hosed" by that fearsome weaponry, heh.

TOTWTYTR said...

I found that when I had a Glock the magazine wouldn't always seat even though I thought it had. I really had to make sure that it locked in.

That aside, the gun fear up here is a MA thing. Well, a liberal state thing perhaps. Other parts of the country I've visited don't have it.

Several years ago when I was in the western part of Virginia I walked by a pick up truck with two rifles in a rack mounted inside the rear window. I noticed it because I pay attention to things like that. No one else even glanced twice.

As to the danger the rifles would be stolen from the unlocked truck, I think that the two German Shepards would be a bit of a deterrent. :)

libertyman said...

I read nothing about this in the papers ... oh wait, no law was broken!

Weer'd Beard said...

What was your method for re-securing the mag? I've had a mag drop out of my 1911 ONCE while just after I'd holstered it (Made a note to give a sharper bump when seating the mag after checking it), and a few times I've lost a mag from a carrier (where I quickly popped it into my pocket...and later re-tensioned the carrier)

But were you able to re-seat the mag quietly in the store or did you seek out a rest room?

Jay G said...

TOTWTYTR,

I've had the Glock for almost a year and this is the first time it's happened. I'm just chalking it up to random chance...

Weer'd,

I just reached around under my cover garment and pushed it back in place. I did slip into the restroom the first chance I get to re-seat the mag...

Anonymous said...

Jay, daily I'm in and out of car or up and down from behind a desk a lot with my carry guns.

I endeavour to routinely hook my index and driving fingers on each side of the stock and use my thumb to ensure that the magazine is seated. Sort of a reversed crane claw technique.

I also practice Type I malfunctions (mag out) every time I'm at the range as I have been instructed that these are the most likely malfunctions.

Shootin' Buddy