Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Evil Plan Proceeds Apace!

Got a call yesterday evening. It was the friend I took to the range at the start of the summer, with a few questions. Seems he had been talking about going shooting to his dad, how much he enjoyed it, how much he'd like to take his son shooting as well. Turns out, dad has a couple of rifles collecting dust in a safe in the back of the closet he wants to give my buddy.

So we chatted for a bit about the process he'd have to go through to get his permit (mental note: Contact friend who gives the Safety Course); I told him I'd be honored to be a reference for him, etc. Made some tentative plans to get back to the range before the snow starts falling, and talked a little bit about life in general.

So far, out of all the folks I've taken to the range, only one hasn't gotten their permit... At least that I know of... My evil plan to flood Massachusetts with new and eager gun owners barrels along; helped with a generous portion of .22LR goodness and (now) with 100% more steel plate goodness. The next step, of course, is to get my lazy self certified to teach the safety course so that I can officially get them along their path rather than referring them...

More licensed gun owners period is a good thing. More licensed gun owners in Massachusetts makes Sarah Brady cry...

That is all.

5 comments:

TheAxe said...

Fantastic! Sounds like I need to step it up down here.

zeeke42 said...

I've been talking to GOAL, and they're hoping to schedule another instructor course soon.

Jay G said...

Bitchin'! Thanks Zeeke42!

zeeke42 said...

Also, Ken Maurer is running one soon. Unfortunately I have a few scheduling conflicts. I may try to squeeze it in if I don't hear from GOAL in the next month and there are still spaces left.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78408

jimbob86 said...

the only thing better would be an end to gun owner liscensing.

If you have to get permission, then it ain't much of an inalienable right.